• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SW Sask Tour!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW Sask Tour!

Well some will be mad some will be happy but here goes.
    Regina to Moose jaw wow what a crop is coming wow wow wow. HRS that is so thick its lodging in mile long rows. Canola so tall. Durum must have been seeded early is good and starting to change then next is so thick you couldn't believe it. Only problem its last part of August and the really heavy crops are a month away from maturing. Canola is mostly flowering and HRS is grass green. Potential is their but time is not on their side. Moose jaw to swift again its nice but land is not the same. Winter wheat being harvested out side moosejaw. Durum was seeded first then lentils looks like. Nice around Gull lake HRS looks good. Lentils all over. One field of flax desiccated and as you continue to Medicine hat its the same. Their is a crop in this area but funny even the Durum is weeks away. And did it rain on Friday all way to the Hat.
    By Fox valley Huts have some Canola its OK but they have a nice Barley beside. Again Nice HRS. Around Prelate really nice Barley field but Grass green looks like test field or new seed etc. Leader to Eatonia HRS is nice really nice Durum late and lots of lentils. Nice yard south of Eatonia with bins but not much house or shop. Nice bins. Some really dirty fields around Eatonia oh their Canola.Gliden to Kindersley nice crops Awesome HRS and Late Durum. Very little flax mentioned and oats. No fields any where. Nice lodged section or HRS in middle on this stretch at correction line. At Kindersley when will that HRS wheat field West of town be ready mid October. Canary west of Kindersley and few Canola OK. Taller but pod depth is Finger to elbow. Fiske to Rosetown nice Heavy wheat like rest. Durum beside Cargil elevator at Rosetown is like field of HRS by Kindersley when will it be ready. Harris nice to see fence beside highway for deer to not cross boy that was needed for years. Really nice canola field at Laura Good pod depth has that look of awesome from one end to other. not all one level but looks lodged like a wavy lake. Again HRS looks awesome but green and green barley etc. Lentils some peas. Saskatoon to Davidson some nice Fields of Canola But guy who Irrigates between Dundurn and Hanley not as nice as usual. Davidson to Craik to Regina Nice Canola Some Awesome. But again in Canola area with good rain. Hrs Nice and Durum but all late.
    Conclusions.
    SW has a Bumper HRS and Durum Crop on Way Bumper Bin Buster. But they need till mid Sept without FROST. So could be lots of wheat or lots of feed wheat. Tough call.
    Flax a few fields any where from Desiccated to still flowering.
    Barley few most are starting to turn or grass green.
    Lentils Lots Lots Lots. Most grass green. With all rain hard to say.
    Few Chick peas but not many.
    Oats the six guys in Sask that seeded maybe we should have a meeting to force the market because holly shit their is none in Sask.
    Canola I was expecting field upon field like the guys have been telling me on here. Yes their is Canola every where from FoxValley to Kindersley and some is nice to really nice but way more lentil fields than Canola. Only swathing was FoxValley and then Chamberline to Regina. Again I was expecting field upon field for miles as the eye can see.
    Conclusion Stats Canada should have done a release of Seeded acreage or at least Sask Crop should of showed what was seeded. Since lots of farmers Liquidated Oats Barley Canola Flax to buyers who maybe know buy seed sales whats really out their.
    Nice to see really thick HRS crops that look like Winterpeg area in Kindersely Sask. Hope they make it cause their nice. Sask99 You got a bin buster out their.
    One other comment since I use to Work in the area I drove, We use to laugh that the Manitoba border moved West 100 miles and we were getting stupid moisture all year. Did the border move West 200 more miles. Man took dog for walk at Kindersley and muddy in park. Green Grass no Grasshoppers. But with all the moisture are they like us in East now. Crop wont ripen because of all the moisture, it continually grows and grows and finally its ready. Last year 140 days for durum. Old joke with Buddies who farm out west was they didn't need to desiccated because tap turned off August 1st and mother nature burned it all so no need. Well something is keeping crop green. Lets hope frost stays away till at least mid Sept to longer.

Oh yea one other comment I forgot to mention. Not as many Canola acres in Sw as I thought would be. Nice crop but where really thick is really late. Simply SW wont make up for loss in NE not even close to what we lost in production. And I think the seeded acreage report will confirm this.

Comment

Drove back way Quapelle to Weyburn south yesterday. Do not think there was a time when there was not a canola field beside me one side or the other. South of #1 Sedley area nice crops. Not many peas and more hard wheat. The tell tale will be when the first frost will be..

Comment

New guy how many were still blooming in your drive.

Comment

SF3

Nice report but where are the peas?

Comment

One or two here or their. I'm not sure, lots lentils

Comment

Yes there is a huge differance of stages in canola. That is why until a frost ..early or late will make a huge differance in production. The real late crops will need most of sept. frost free. Think we can have 2 in a row?Average frost at our place Sept. 9...

Comment

Hello Sask

I feel honoured that you think my barley field is really nice around Prelate.
                I seeded some Sundre barley on lentil stubble there for seed production. It was seeded June 6 and has a ways to go yet.

Started desicating lentils today. Lots of plant growth but not a lot of pods from what I have seen so far.

Comment

It does look good Jag but late. HRS and Durum is nice too. It was a fun drive wife and kids slept and were watching videos so I had a very relaxing drive in the country. Was trying to find the Old Big Barn site to the South. AT least 30 years ago that's where I thought it was.

Comment

The big barn foundation is west and north of Leader along the river. The Smith barn was the biggest barn in North America.

Comment

funny how in 30 years things change. Or when I was a summer student it really wasn't that big a thing. Next time Ill find it. Thanks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...