• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am going to do a little bit of the civil service soft shoe on price.

Within N. America, both oat and barley acres are down. US crops are being harvested and in pretty good shape on the quality side. Weekly crop reports. Western Canada - story has to be told. Alberta has potential for decent quality but not in the bin.

Europe will has good quality old crop supplies. Obviously weather issues over this past summer but likely still reasonable quality for new crop in some regions.

Australia - Story to be told.

On malt barley, suspect the spread with feed will be tighter than normal. Barley prices more driven by the feed side than malt.

Oats - Will leave for discussion.

Comment

Feed Barley @ $4 Cental Alberta or 3.60 ish Sask is pretty tempting, hardley worth the BS of going for Malt? The Malt Buyers better step up to the plate pretty quick with some decent cash plus values.... Risk of Frost Regina through to North Battleford tonight.

Oats well me wouldnt be selling those puppies especially if you can bin some good heavy stuff!

Comment

You will never get even close to $3.50 for malt through the board. They would have to tripple the PRO.

Comment

hold the phones.... cottonpicken did you
          just ask for my analytical opinion?

Comment

btj

Are you going to give an analytical opinion or just pat yourself on the back for someone noticing you?

The ukraine is out of barley exports.

The cwb has no crop too sell given current crop conditions.

Price should spike to open up some bins on previously rejected barley.

Comment

Now, heavy rains in western Europe are hurting the spring barley, which is the malting stuff. The CWB has a good opportunity to get a decent price. Let's see if they get it.

Comment

From today's emalt newsletter, current European malt barley prices are about USD $250/tonne. CWB asking prices for malt barley (port) are about Cdn $275/tonne 2row and Cdn $260/tonne 6 row.

Comment

Coors have not taken our malt barley on
                  contract at 1.85 nitrogen, contract
                  1.75, even though it is £20 below feed
                  market.

Usually they would manage to blend it
                  with that discount, but I suspect they
                  have plenty of cheap 09 crop in store
                  and low demand for beer with recession.

Not sure how this compares worldwide but
                  I would think it will be a while before
                  malsters are really short of barley.

Comment

I thought people drink more in a recession?

Comment

Lol hard to believe I don't know everything

Comment

For those that subscribe to Profarmer Canada market newsletter, you will want to spend some time reading today's strategy showcase. Interesting information on recent CWB feed barley business and international feed barley prices. As a teasor, feed barley prices tradeable Vancouver USD $270/tonne FOB. Price equivalent at local elevator - $4.50/bu.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...