• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What will the price of everything do with a frost?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What will the price of everything do with a frost?

I have never seen a risk of frost with a low of 5, we are at 10 right now and clearing off though. Who called for this 15-16th date? Actually a few of you did. What info? Not one weather info even mentioned that a week ago. I did see a cool morning on wed but no chances of frost until tonight. Although a light frost on the truck north of here two mornings ago. Not uncomon but worrisome right now.

A frost here and the price wont matter b/c wont have anything to sell except some canola and peas left in bin

Comment

I am the ones to blame for the prediction, I still think it isnt going to freeze until next week. Tues to be exact. I sure hope I am wrong because there is allot of crop out there that needs another month of 20 temperatures. I dont know it we will be that lucky 3 years in a row. Better get out of your contracts now if you have a week stomach.

Comment

6C at Blaine Lake at 10:00 PM

Comment

This is what typed on June 18 on Cottons "total production contest" thread. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          My bold prediction is a shocking 30% of average with below average grades feed in most cases. We will battle all the elements loosing ground throughout the summer, what isnt under water, eaten by bugs, smashed by hail, or rotting from disease will come to a short and abrupt end with an early frost -9c on the 24th of August. Prices will bounce greater than the last spike and people will be shocked. This is not as doomsday prediction it could happen because we are not in control we are just allong for the ride. Can't hardly wait to try again next year.

Comment

Every wheat crop around here would have massive frost damage. Too bad you can't measure for milling quality though.

Comment

I think most dodged one heck of a bullet last night. Took dog outside at 3.44 in morning so checked temps. Wow. if that cloud bank wouldn't of arrived it would be by by birdie by by. Wow. is all i can say. Again I feel this year gave us every crappy thing that could happen and a few weeks ago I told a buddy from Canora maybe he was better off not seeding than what were going to have to deal with. Only time will tell, but looks like first week of Sept will see the end of this crop. Hm most of the HRS and Durum I saw on weekend will be crap.

Comment

Ya your absolutely right. The pro for 08-09 crop year was way out to lunch and consequently suck alot of durum growers into producing a crop the world really didn't need.
                Anybody know a good lawyer? With last years durum catastrophe,and this will continue into this year, along with wheat growers in western Canada receiving substantial less than wheat growers in this country and around the world.
                I've been contemplating this for awhile. And its just food for thought. I think wheat growers in western Canada deserve so much more when it comes to selling their wheat that I think a group of us should file a level of service complaint.
                The defendants would include the cwb, the eight potato-head directors that continue to think its ok for western wheat growers to continue to lose thousand of dollars,if not tens of thousands of dollars on their farms when marketing their wheat each and every year is some how acceptable. Somehow I feel the present conservative government should be included. They also should be held accountable for their dismal performance on this cwb issue and their continuance of letting this crime be perpetrated.
                I know its been a difficult spring and summer,and maybe I've had to much time on my hands... Any ideas or takers?

Comment

What idiot would expect to deliver all their durum when there was an 80% acceptance the year before.

Comment

WOW stubble great drive by.

I'll go through my thought pattern and show you.
                    From the Feb PRO
                    when I was planning for the upcoming year.
                    2 CWAD 11.5
                    Feb 08 PRO 454.00 12.36
                    Feb 09 PRO 287.00 7.81
                    When it was seeded I did not know that they were only taking 80% because previous to that the world was crying for durum( anyone remember $20.00 spot prices?) We had the buyers "over a barrel" (Fitzhenry winter 08)
                    BTW Where is she now? google can't find her.
                    And then last year we had a monster crop in Canada and on our farm.

BTW 0 Zero acres seeded this year. Why add to the problem?

Comment

Link below is where I get the info when reference or chart. Not sure the specific grade/protein, but durum (DWI) showing 458 and spring wheat 581(HRSI). Guess that's 1.23 discount

http://www.mgex.com/live_quotes.cfm

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...