• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yields Surprisingly Poor!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yields Surprisingly Poor!

Well we started the peas today and I should have expected what I was seeing, but didn't want to believe it. Well peas are yielding 40% less than i thought they would do. Wow. But its easy to see why this is happening drive 50 ft nothing then 50 goes 60 plus then 100 nothing or 15 then down to 6 before up to 40. All day, then push total for field and wow that bad. Oh well it wasn't out year. Others in area are finding crop not what they thought. Good luck to those who have a crop.

Peas don't look good here either. The neighbors with earlier crop and just sprayed don't look so good. Sask you didn't tell us your yield yet. I would be lucky to get 30 across whole field on yellows. Mine is still green and will likely shrink yet. Some peas in area look like 10 or less. Local pea processor give price of 5 dollars on my old crop last 2 loads and I could not give them up. May need some of it for planting seed. I am thinking some farmers don't think they can make contract.

Comment

Hey Sask, is that your wheat on the east and west side of highway 35 by the Tri-Way bullet? Really good looking stand but starting to lay down badly. Looks like lots of N, earlier I thought it was just some overlap on headlands but now most of it is going down.

Comment

First yes we will be lucky to average 35 on 6 quarters we seeded. Greg no. Funny the peas just East of Fort have only one small bag so far, seems less yield also. Red armys looked awsome all year and now? Oh well like a buddy said yesterday, I wish it would just snow already and we would be done.

Comment

I would rather just see it hail,and do a good job of it.Then we defiantly would be done.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...