• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stats Can today

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stats Can today

Will be interesting. Have no idea where the numbers will be, OK I have an idea but not telling.

This is going to be one interesting day. Not sure where this agency is going to be on their acreage etc. How they will skew the numbers because all farmers lie etc etc. Simply why cant this report have Sask crop Alberta and Manitoba send the seeded acreage report minus the flooded report and wow how much more close does one have to be. Also how much Yellow Canola is still out their. In our area their is less still blooming but still going on some fields and its the end of august.

Comment

Keep the info coming for those of us on
      swathers,please and thanks.

Comment

Table 1
        July 31 estimate of principal field crops

thousands of metric tonnes % change
        Total wheat 22 659 -14.5
        Spring wheat 16 966 -6.4
        Durum wheat 3 122 -42.2
        Winter wheat 2 571 -14.2
        Canola 10 867 -8.1
        Grain corn 10 823 -9.7 13.2
        Barley 8 488 -10.8
        Soybeans 3 951 12.7
        Dry field peas 3 100 -5.4 -8.3
        Oats 2 392 -14.5
        Flaxseed 570 -38.7
        Dry beans 243 10.4

ppreliminary

Thinking bullish flax, oats.

High on peas and canola estimate.

Durum might get a little attention now as well.

Also noticed Dave Burroughs name on statscan - didn't he work for the cwb?

Comment

Dave has been at STATSCAN longer than I can rember and i am fn old

Comment

In areas where canola crops were supposed to be big, 1/3 below ave 1/3 ave 1/3 above Accross the whole west sask and eastern alberta. Swathing happening here now and nothing yet will be 50 or better. Lots of canola still grass green.

Comment

When I look at the S and D numbers, oats is one that really pops out as small/interesting. Barley, although not a surprise, also highlights the tightness - particularly is the CWB exports feed barley. Wheat is bigger than expected. Canola and peas are open for discussion.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...