• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So Alberta is Going to Save the Day! Ha HA.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It isn't the definition of "democracy" that is the problem. Its the interpretation that dictators, collaborators and those who currently aren't getting their way put on the definition. Other than that its time for way more than one or two farmers to reach some concensus; and work within our democracy to see that the majority concensus becomes policy and practice.
    So where is the majority consensus? or is that just too much of a bother to collect; so that society knows which direction to take.

Comment

Oneoff, or anyone for that matter, can you please just answer the question? Its been asked by Choice2U also. I'm willing to listen and ponder.

Comment

The reason that neither you nor I will get anywhere with the special interest CWB 'freedom" issue is that people in general won't support anything that they don't see as in their own best current interest. Guess what!! There isn't any general support for hardly any special interest position. You also don't listen to those who are on the same page as your current crusade; and in many cases chase away support with your arrogant uncompromising attitudes.

Unless and until guys like you (especially those who have had leadership positions); begin to listen and incorporate opportunities to start developing support from the largely apathetic; sometimes desperate and tuned out; silent majority ; you will continue to accomplish about the same as if you did nothing.

Comment

NOCHOICE2U you sound likesomeone who is on the wrong side of a vote and you know it.

Comment

quote: Oneoff...please explain why your freedom to surpress my right trumps my freedom to sell my own grain. The thing that is legislated is the forcing of farmers to pool their grain.

Go ahead, try. If someone could actually explain this i would be impressed. In the meantime i guess i can read the insults from oneoff rather then a well thought out answer.

Comment

Oneoff;

Speaking of mothers,

Is trashing others a code of conduct yours taught you?

Comment

Your correct about the vote because I'm on the wrong side because my right is trampled by your right.

Comment

I do believe that is the definition of dictatorship. Still humbly waiting for that explanation.

Comment

Some of you fellows might as well come to terms with the issues which you have not seen resolved to your satisfaction.
                    Just because you know you are right doesn't mean that you will get your way in a democracy; a dictatorship or any other form of government you can think of.
                    In a democracy it means gaining popular support so that elected representatives can try to enact those ideas which have a broad appeal. Its evident that some people are better skilled than others in the methods needed to get that popular support.
                    If you continue to miss that point then you will never know why you continue to be so frustrated with democracy.

Comment

So when a dictatorship or any other form of government I can think of surveys it's members for their opinion, and they always say they want at least a dual marketing freedom, I am just supposed to be happy that they deny those people what they want?

Thanks for that, you sound like you have great morals and somebody I really want to do business with.

Comment

And just why are you blaming me for what you see as the failures of a dictatorship or democracy or any form of government. Bout time we all agree that individually; the majority of citizens have extremely little power but collectively they could control their situations.

And just what do morals have to do with government; and my or your impact on government. Remember its a fact you can't get two farmers to agree on anything. Thats one of the big problems.

Talk about missing the point and not seeing any of the big picture and blaming others for the shortcomings that only everyone is responsible for.

Comment

Not everyone wants to be in the collective Oneoff!

What is happening and needs to be done on our little acreage is supposed to be our responsibility. We are more than willing and able to succeed or fail on our own without the collective there to hold us up.

You are right in one sense that I believe that if our provincial gov't had any stones it could have easily removed Alberta from the CWB shackles long ago. Something the voters here keep telling them to do, but they won't. Hopefully changes are coming in that regard soon and we will leave the collective wheat board to SK and MB. It might be neat to have a crystal clear referendum question once and for all just to see how badly some farmers want to keep their neighbors in check.

Comment

Oneoff...You MIGHT have some credibility with your comments about democracy if all of Canada was under the CWB but since others have a choice, I am merely asking for what other Canadians have....OK...I am being greedy again.

Comment

If i am to understand oneoff, there is a strong requirement to do things collectively thereby mitigating risk, but also unfortunately limiting reward.

Does the CWB alone fill that collective requirement, or is it that we "designated area" must deal with the CWB by virtue of the monopoly within the ACT? Basically is just the CWB enough by pooling grain to satisfy your business model?

Comment

One person does not a democracy make.
                                Apparently there are many people who just can't face the fact that it takes a majority or even 66% or more support to make changes in our system.
                                As for dwelling on the word collective; That just the same as branding someone with being a commununist or Nazi. Doesn't take any though or understanding at all to do that.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...