• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lentils

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lentils

I have been desicating our lentils and there is lots of plant growth and without looking close it looks like there is a stand for a 40bu crop. When you look close at them there is hardly any pods on the lentils. I do not think there was enough stress and to much moisture and the lentils did not pod very well.
    I guess we will soon find out when we start combining.

JOM, the lentil crop will be half of what the market/stats can thinks at best. With much lower quality - much like '04.

Comment

Jag,

I see Statscan is at 1400lb/ac the same as last year.

If we get to mid Sept... without frost, the extra acres could make up for losses at even 1000 lb average.

Comment

Hearing some 35 bu/ac reds coming off 15-20 miles north of you. I think many guys that felt it was not podding are surprised by the yield, at least on reds. Don't worry about it until you are combining. Had 2/100s at the farm today and now to windy to spray so you are not missing much.

Comment

Obviously a drier area than most. Kinda like the first reports from southern Man on canola yields. The majority will be in trouble - rain again today accross the west.

Comment

Thanks for the update Dave. I phoned home today and it was raining when I called. I will be home to combine on Wed if it is dry enough.

I am stressed as a feel like I should be at home working but it is important to be here on Vancouver Island for my wifes sisters funeral who died suddenly last monday.
            With it raining it takes some of the tension away as I am not missing any work at home.

Comment

You got some rain, but nothing after supper. I was spraying until dark. Likely did not wet things too bad and forecast looks ok. Rain going south and north, hopefully we do not get any more. Sorry to hear about your wife's sister.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...