• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

straight cut header parts help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

straight cut header parts help

Not the right place for this post, but its the most viewed area. Everything was ready to go and straight cut fall rye. I thought it would be safer to place the header on new (to me) carrier instead of remain on combine, travelling down the road. The header tumbled off the carrier into the ditch upside down!!! Not so bad for damage, but I need parts for each end of the pickup reel. I am not too sure who supplies parts like this, new or used no matter. Any suggestions?

first place I would try for used is combine world at Allan, Sk phone 306 257 3800

Comment

There use to be be a guy around Lloydminster area who dealt with all kinds of headers and pick-up reels. I can't seem to find any info on them tho. They may not be in business any more. But someone from that area would know more and maybe able to help. Hope the rest of your harvest goes smoother.

Comment

www.straightcutheaders.com
        www.combineworld.com

Comment

Thank you for the input, I appreciate it I am sure the rest of the harvest will better! Its just one of those lessons/education.

Comment

Easy Cut Harvest Systems is the guy at Lloyd. Believe his last name is Benoit? Real nice guy to deal with. Thanks for the story, thought it was just me that did things like that.

Comment

frustrated, on the way back to the farm to grab the front end loader, my hired man, with 20 years experience on me, says, "oh, dont feel too bad, its not the first one to fall off." Made me feel better. Not too horrible damage, we were going pretty slow, still not the point. Lesson today, MAKE SURE YOU TIE IT DOWN BEFORE GOING ON THE ROAD!!!!

Comment

Reminds me of when my sister was driving the combine through a slough that had sc****r piles left in it and not leveled off, I forgot to hook the latches so you can guess what happened. Surprisingly only a hydraulic hose was damaged, but you put a header upside down, come one there is more damage there.

Comment

Hopper, we were going quite slow, by the time I stopped, the end plates that operate everything were bent, the support arms that hold the wood/spring steel teeth reel bats are bent thats it. We already have it apart and combine world tomorrow am for parts. Believe me, it looked much more horrific, but the good news is that it can all be repaired and nobody got hurt. Yes, it went off the carrier combine side first and turned over onto the reel. Slow motion Back flip? best way to describe it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...