• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Velocity

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Velocity

Have a friend in the Peace who tried Velocity for the first time this year on a quarter of wheat and sprayed the rest with Broadband. He says the velocity sprayed wheat is yielding 15 bushels less then the broadband sprayed stuff (30 bushels versus 15 bushels). He says half the heads have nothing in them. The bayer rep told him he sprayed too late and this will happen. No compensation because he didnt let them know before he combined. She said they changed the label because in the dry areas last year the same issue showed up. The crop when it is dry grows to quickly and it goes out of staging and aborts the developing head.

I told him to sue them. This is the first I have heard of this. has anyone else? I used some so checked today and it seems fine but the crops here are good and we had adequate moisture. This is pretty scary.

Thanks for the "heads up"

Comment

Actually we did a 40 acre test plot last year it was on a 320 acre field with 7 other 40 acre trials. Lots of BS for free spray but any way back to story. The velocity did go on at later than I would have liked. IT did cut yield by probably half compared to rest of the field. Heads up timing has to be exact. Way shorter and way smaller heads. It was right by grid road and sign did somehow come down early.

Comment

I sprayed velocity on about 2/3 of my wheat this year and it went on about the 4 leaf stage and my wheat crop is much shorter and poorer where the velocity was used than where the puma super was used.

I will never use this product again. It costs too much in yield.

Comment

Used it on a quarter of wheat last year. I think the crop was at 4 leaf. 8 gal/acre water. No yield loss, really toasted the dandelions.

Comment

Neighbor here used it last year same thing, cost about 30% of his yeild (we were likewise very dry last year)

Comment

If there are enough of you guys don't sit there and take that bull, get together the web can be used newspaper etc. There are enough weather problems to loose a crop, and nothing that hurts more than trying to do the right thing by spraying and actually doing damage to your own crop, they sold you a product that isn't functioning the way it should. Go after compensation, they are getting paid good enough money they should be giving a good product, not killing the weeds usually is the problem with some of these products but actually killing your crop, no way that should happen under any situation. Good luck!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...