• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

just for laughs.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

just for laughs.

You know it is wet when you check behind your combine and find more frogs than grass hoppers.. True story,.. What is your story? We all may as well have one laugh a day..LOL...

One fellow in the Interlake in Manitoba when to check his canola field that was along a drainage ditch that had flooded this spring and found a dead fish in the middle of it.

Comment

Started swathing canola today and had a flock of cranes land in the field beside me????

Comment

Newguy.

You would not laugh about frogs if you had to clean a sieve out that was plugged with them. The smell is enough to make you lose your breakfast, dinner, and supper.

Yuck just thinking about it!!

Comment

All the cool weather and excess moisture is caused by global warming!

Comment

Not that I miss them but. With all this wet weather and exess rain I haven't seen not one salamander. Is this odd or something else? Used to be when ever it rained the yard would be crawling with them. Very few snakes around either.

Comment

We have salamanders and I think we can get some value for these premium little beasts because you don't have any. Therefore, I am going to suggest that we form a monopoly seller of these and pool the proceeds amongst only those that have them. We'll enshrine this by making sure that only those that believe in this philosophy get the majority of votes so we can control future election results....thus we have a salamander gerrymander.

Comment

Snakes;

We seem to have dozens of them show up each day. They travel underground many miles... then get into our house by using the tele lines. I have seen a few flying 'tower' snakes...

Usually they start with 800... and say they are doing a survey for a Chemical company. I ask who... but they say I can't know or it will put 'snake eyes' in the survey.

Then I drop the snake... or just refuse to answer the snake's call in the first place by using a 'snake display'.

The coyotes are making the puppies bark... especially every time the train whistle blows! Better go let them out...

Comment

"British and American media are buzzing about the world's largest beaver dam, which is in northern Alberta and was first found using Google Earth in 2007.

The dam on the southern edge of Wood Buffalo National Park is about 850 metres long. It's common for beaver dams in Canada to reach 500 metres in length."

They just don't understand Canada.

I believe their claims vastly underestimate this Canadian Rodent.

These rodents are also at work with a dam thousands of miles long... that has taken over 75 years to build; along the 60th Parallel... although it seems to stop on the eastern side in Ontario after it reaches Port Arthur (Thunder Bay).

I believe it is called the 'designated area' dam... with at least 423 at the main lodge in Winterpeg!

I understand there is also a new breed of Russian Rodents; that have been very busy... setting a new even bigger dam... so they may have the lowly Canadian rodent put to shame...

"Amazing Discoveries

Park officials said the dam is in an inaccessible part of the park just south of Lac Clair, about 190 kilometres northeast of Fort McMurray.

Biologists estimate the dam would have taken at least 20 years to build. It is visible in NASA satellite imagery from 1990.

The dam first jumped into the global spotlight a few years back.

[Beavers] are one of the few species that really leave a footprint on the Earth that is visible from satellite," ecologist Jean Thie told CBC News in an interview in 2008.

Thie said he discovered the dam while scanning satellite images for signs of climate change.

The previously reported largest beaver dam was a 652-metre structure in Three Forks, Mont., Thie said."

http://www.aolnews.com/ca/article/beaver-dam-space/19466206

"Amazing Discoveries

In this April 2006 photo released by National Museum of the Philippines, a golden-spotted monitor lizard rests on a tree trunk in the Sierra Madre mountains, Philippines. Scientists said in Wednesday, April 7, 2010's Royal Society journal Biology Letters that they have discovered a 6.5-foot (2-meter) long golden-spotted monitor lizard, named Varanus bitatawa, in the forested mountains of the Philippines.

Amazing Discoveries

Images from four telescopes show how a dark disk of dust passes in front of a distant star once every 27 years. U.S. astronomers have observed a thin, dark cloud passing in front of a distant star, helping explain a mysterious eclipse first observed in the 19th century. Epsilon Aurigae is a visible star about 2,000 light years away in the constellation Auriga, the charioteer. Since at least the 1840s, astronomers have known that something passes in front of the star every 27 years, making it appear dimmer.

Amazing Discoveries

This sculpture by Tyler Keillor of the University of Chicago is a reconstruction of the scene preserved in the 67-million-year-old fossils, with the ancient snake Sanajeh indicus poised to strike at the newly hatched titanosaur."

Comment

Would someone please start an ongoing post on the CWB so that every other post doesn`t have to turn into a rant about the CWB..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...