• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How Much Excellent quality Durum will this year Produce?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How Much Excellent quality Durum will this year Produce?

Lets guess because with all the rain were getting from swift to grenfell I'm just wondering how much quality durum will be available. Yes all the CWB made us store and save for our excellent customers. But over all in Canada what out their. West is late and any one who swath is pooched but I'm thinking if we get another 2 inches the standing will have problems that's desiccated for two weeks today.

I think the standing stuff is already at a three.

Comment

Thats what I was thinking after harvesting the 30 acres before the rain. Its spitting in Regina but radar shows nothing at farm "Thank you HEASUS".

Comment

Much like the spring weather pattern - you first then our turn. Although seeding winter wht last night until it rained, was doin a great job. If the fert had showed up when it was supposed to we could have seeded 300 ac. Oh well now I can go fishin for sure.

Comment

Durum and the cwb.

The biggest ****ing joke on the planet.

What is worse those morons get to keep their jobs while farmers lose their farms due to their incompetence.

I phoned our marketing experts for some advice on durum back in june to see if a guy should push into the new crop year. They couldn't make that call. Some marketing for farmer's benefit.

I knew I should have pushed it but the PRO's were shitty and waiting another year and a half for the money sucked.

Oh, by the way stewie, if you read this forum, maybe you could start explaining why there has been no interim payments on durum. The cwb sold the best durum crop in a decade for less than 60% of its projections. Thats what the initial was for the 09/10 crop year. Then only accepted 60% of which 25% was carry over from the 08 crop.

Hey, lets do the math. 60% of 35%(60-25) of the 09 crop sold equals 21% of my money for the crop.

Professional marketing.

Comment

Also important, The Crop Report out of North Dakota....only 43% harvested Aug29th, 49% Sept5th. They had as much rain or more across the state, last Sun/Mon. 5yr avg is 69%

http://www.nass.usda.gov/Statistics_by_State/North_Dakota/Publications/Crop_Progress_&_Condition/2010/cw-0907.pdf

Comment

Durum will be shit.... A #3 AT BEST..

Comment

New crop Durum coming into our local terminal is grading a 2 and 3 so far before the rain.

Comment

so you are saying thats the best of the best Jag

Comment

what are you seeing for major degrading factors?

Comment

New crop might have a deal attached to it to get the old crop as well.

Comment

I think #2 might be as good as it gets this year. The Durum that was seeded in April is not as nice of sample of the Durum that was seeded later in May. So there is some hope that the later seeded Durum might be a better sample.
                        With the frost we had the other day it will most likely have some bran frost in the Durum now.

In the samples I seen there is Fusarium, pink smudge, red smudge, pie bald, bleached.

I am happy I sold my Durum from 2009 into this new crop year. I have to wait a extra year for the money but I think it should pay off.

Comment

Jag we had two seeded in april and 3 in may the may stuff looks better and will yield better but sprouting in standing could be a problem if the shit keeps falling from sky.

Comment

Not trying to be smart here. Just pass on info.

I think this year it will be important that we make sure buyers are evaluating our samples accurately. Get over thier sholder and see what they are picking.

Make sure that the kernals they are assessing as fusarium have the fiborous growth in the crease otherwise they are not assessed as fus. Just because they are discoloured it doesn't meen they are fus damaged especially this year with more bleaching. They could be a immature bleached kernal is all.
                            There is no such thing as pink smudge. Smudge is a discolouration as a result of fungus and will be brown, black or red. Pink kernals are sign of immaturity and should not be confused with fus.
                            Piebald (yellowberry) and non vitrious kernals are assessed different in durum than wheat. Make sure that the non vitreous kernals aren't just bleached kernals.
                            There is not a degrading factor for bleached in wheat and durum. It is assessed under degree of soundness as weather damaged in conjuction with the over all appearance.

Know what you have for sale and that they are assessing it accurately.

Comment

Last year all durum was 2 according to buyers and grain comission. All producer cars that I shipped that were cleaned before was #1.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...