• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Sharply higher

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Sharply higher

U.S. wheat futures rallied late and closed sharply higher on projections that cold weather during the next two weeks will hurt unharvested grain in Canada. The Canadian harvest has been delayed by persistent rains, and a cold snap could lower the quality of some wheat to make it only suitable for use as animal feed. "There's so much of the Canadian crop that is vulnerable," says Dan Manternach, agriculture services director for Doane Advisory Services. Grain that has been wet for too long already has suffered damage, said Drew Lerner, president of World Weather Inc., a private weather firm. "They're definitely in trouble up there," he said.
    Ditto say thousands of farmers...

at what value would anyone here price NB Fd Wheat??? Is there a stated bus weight for NB Fd Wheat, or is that negotiable within the contract?
    Could you give price and district on the prairies.

Comment

I have heard there is no such thing as 60lb feed
      wheat,"i heard".

Comment

And yes we are going higher but it has nothing to do
        with supply and demand.

Comment

The cwb has always told me that canada can't have an impact on world prices because we are to small a player.

****ing morons.

They should have known when the crop didn't get in until the middle of june there was a problem.

Durum is even a bigger snafu.

Comment

Somebody help my memory is poor who did the trade believe to be caught short in 08. It couldn't have been the cwb could it bucket

Comment

There is a pretty good chance the cwb is going to get caught on the wrong side of the trade again, and stewie wells will be praising them for the fine job they do for protecting his interests.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...