• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK! Who else besides me is starting to think just a little we might not get this crop harvested!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK! Who else besides me is starting to think just a little we might not get this crop harvested!

I mean yes its only the second week of Sept and yes their still technically are 6 weeks till winter hits in most of western Canada. But with another inch this afternoon and three and half the other day plus the 30 some before that I am starting to think the work we have been doing is for nothing. Will get plane in to do section because cant get sprayer on the ground. (note to self if cant get sprayer across how are you going to get a combine). Heavy clay with all this moisture will take weeks to dry up. Sand maybe has a chance. Clay loam not sure either. So lets do a pole who thinks we wont get it.
    Yes. or No (no cwb questions in your opinion). Hell even Hursch was spouting the other day on the radio that he was worried.

Well you said the same thing in june and what`s worse is you may be right,but maybe not(I hope)

Comment

Given the track record of the last 4 months..I would have to say NO....But the odds are in our favor of it turning around...Maybe????

Comment

Plane to seed, Plane to in crop spray and now harvest. New meaning to flying farmer.

We will get er done if not this fall, this winter or in the spring.

Comment

Will some make it to the bin? Yes. Will all of it make it to the bin in 2010? No. Ideally, we'd need -10C nights for a week. I realize this would kill a lot of crops, but it would harden the ground quickly and let combines roll. That's how harvest has been finished in these neck of the woods past couple years. Works pretty well - easier on the 'bine than pushing through 25% wheat.

Comment

Finished last field of crappy canola today as the rain began to fall again.

Comment

No, never, not a hope, Mother nature has told us we cant have a crop this year. We are just having a hard time realizing it. The only hope we have is frozen ground and no snow. We probably end up with wet heavy snow and no frozen ground. Looks like it will be a long winter.

Comment

Looks totally impossible at the moment. But in this area, last October was the same hopeless feeling and it all got done in Nov. Sure hard to wait for it.

Comment

Last year we hardley turned a wheel in october, but did get it off in november. Can't see that miracle happening two years in a row. Wonder if anybody got any winter wheat seeded? The only way to do it in our area is by plane or boat.

Comment

Will we get this crop harvested? Ya I think so. Will it be easy? No! Will it be expensive? Ya! Will it be a salvage operation? Sure looks like it. Am I worried? You better believe it!

Comment

For myth, yes we going to harvest, somewhat Indian summer. Many years ago, seeding when it is too dry and thought may never rain come in and finished seed that time rain came in. Myth is mother nature is playing your ball like millionaire high stake poker. wow. In Alta weather is like semi weather. Last winter we has no snow for whole 6 months. And we owe other 6 months of rain to make up last winter lack of snow, that myth.

Comment

i dont believe in myths or fairy tales.. All i know is theres a tour bus with a fatchick in it in my driveway and the roadies are settin up the stage for the first practice tonite. Oh I bet that women can sing a fine tune........

Comment

What time does the show start and where do I have to go? I am ready to hear the fat lady sing. Is there going to be beer and snacks?

Comment

Tings aren't lookin good. Glad that we's got Crap Insurance. From the looks of the markit even harvestin it in the Spring will be worthwhile, next year!

Comment

Even here where we havent had all the rain, I am starting to get nervous. Pretty good the last few days and showery again today.

I looked on Accuweather for another perspective and it is actually calling for snow in 12 days. I will never look at that forecast again. The trend on the Weatehr Network actually looks cool but drying out now here so I am sticking with that one.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...