• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oats, do they "know"?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oats, do they "know"?

Do the oats "know" something or has the trade caught on to the fact that there is a big gaping hole in the traditional high quality pipeline?

my oats are black with mildew and still standing. They will have to add extra honey to make granola bars.

Comment

There is a big gaping hole of all qualities of oats.The guys that held on to last years production will easily get there hoppered bins with areation paid for in one year.

Comment

Good germinating seed oats for 2011 spring seeding will command a high premium. If you have some old trashy looking oats, run a germ test. They just may be worth a fortune.

Some crops are beginning to sprout in this area. Pars

Comment

WE have 250 acres of oats to get into, all standing and
          almost ready, sure hope we get a good stretch to grab
          them. We need to swath for some of the green spots
          otherwise we will be waiting much longer. Oat seed
          will most certainly be pricy and availability challenged.
          We reseeded on June 2 after 5" rain crusted them first
          time.

Comment

Kill them with roundup and then take them strait. Works fine.

Comment

thats what i did, (roundup) They are all in the bin now, good quality except the last 80 ac which got the rain on them.

Of course germ will likely be screwed, ans all i kept from last year is 1000 bu.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...