• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dual Up Your Combine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dual Up Your Combine

Not really a Marketing or Commodity topic but I was getting stuck with my 9760 and 9650 last Saturday, then 3.5" of rain on Sunday/Monday. So I looked to dual at least one combine... With no luck finding anything available in Sask I looked to Carryington ND. The OK tire store helped me.

I called Les Cabler at 701-652-2823 at OK tire in Carryington. He knows more about this than anyone. I bought 4 spool adapters and one set of 520 85R 42s and a metric set equivalent to the 20.8 38s. Les even gets calls about triples for combines.

So I get back to the farm last night, and another 1" of rain fell. That makes between 5.5" to 7.5" in the last 10 days depending upon field location. So if I was getting stuck before, then now would be a lot worse. So tomorrow the combines get duals.

I decided the spool adapter and the use of the existing factory big tires with the addition of 20.8s will be the best. Others will say other combos are better, and some will say my combo is bad. Does not matter this post is just info for you guys and I'm doing as I say.

Price wise, my 2 dual setups will cost $10,000 US and a day of driving... That's with brand new tires, 2 new and 2 used rims, and the spools. JD price for one combine is $16,000 (each), but for that you get 4 new tire.

Nice job!

Of course, when you bury the combine with the duals on it, you'll REALLY be stuck.

Pictures, pictures.

Comment

WHY are you putting duals on the combine!, go to a
      single rice tire and you can walk thru anything, so long
      as there is a bottom otherwise it doesn't matter what
      you have. We run rice tires here in the Red River and
      they work excellent. K & K Penner in Blumenort, MB
      can source them anyway in North America without
      soaking your wallet. With duals you are just spinning
      up a bigger rut, this area has tried it all and other than
      tracks, rice tires are your only option.

Comment

The new Deere's have all Duals and work good till this last 6 inches. Now wish would have paid the extra and got the factory to install 4 wheel drive option. Rice tires do work Phone Tisdale OK tire I think. They brought them in a few years ago. Neighbor with 5 yellow and no duals having problems. All the Red Army's combines have Duals. Have a good one I'm sick of playing in mud. Interesting yesterday while swathing, stuck where I heavy disc-ed 3 years ago. Hm

Comment

Triples anyone?
          http://talk.newagtalk.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=135941&posts=4&highlight=combine%20du als&highlightmode=1#M963399

Comment

OR use a Rice Harvester to combine the crop. They'll work in lakes!!!!

Comment

OR use a Rice Harvester to combine the crop. They'll work in lakes!!!!

Comment

Maybe an airboat adapter for combines?

Comment

We put 900 metric trellborg twin 414's on our 2388. Only been stuck once. Very impressive tire and they don't dig like a rice tire. Two tires for 7800$ cnd

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...