• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local Terminal Turning Back Trucks with Deer Poop.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree and have brought this forward many times. Some producer owned terminals do reimburse for dockage. I have never fallowed up if you are then charged frieght on gross or net.

This is a Grain Commission issue as far as I can see. They okay and regulate the charges the companies set. If cleaning is done on prairies should we be paying frieght to port? Where is that money anyway?

My bigger question is why are inland terminals liscenced as primary elevators? They clean and ship to export standards. They make direct shipments to local end users and ship to export both USA and Mexico as well direct hits to boats on the west coast and throught the winter rail down east.

Think for a minute what we would gain if high troughput inland TERMINALS were liscenced by the CGC as TERMINALS. Blending would all come back to producers instead of the grain companies.
    We would save the frieght on dockage. All stalks would be inspected or at least audited by a third party.

Why do producer cars on general get better grades and less dockage?

There is a lot of money made between my endgate and the boat and it is not getting back to farmers and a lot of it is comming right out of our pockets by the issues you have raised.

We can't blame the grain companies, they are doing the best job they can and are making money (on a whole) for thier shareholders. We can't totally blame the CWB thier hands are tied by the Grain Act and the system, they are marketing arm only it is the CGC that regulates the handling of grain.

Comment

Imagine the markets we would gain if we clean and sell only the wheat or barley or peas that our customers want? This whole idea of adding back dockage is nonsense. Use the screenings with poop for fuel stock and make the other world exporters sell to the NEW CANADIAN standards

Comment

I should have added..... if the customer can't see value in the product we are selling, then screw them..........

Comment

The value is seen and profits are made. The only problem is the way it is set up at presant it is the grain companies that are able to make those profits not producers.

We give them dockage and pay them to clean it out then they sell it for big money. Plus pocket the frieght we have paid to ship it to port. The same thing is done with tough grain we pay drying and in alot of cases it is just blended out. Where is that charge gone?

Blending grades is another area. That is why I keep saying everyone should know what they have for quallity. If you have blending room in your sample for some factor you should be using that as a marketing tool. Trouble is very few have ever taken time to learn the grading factors or how to assess thier own grain so they can negotiate with buyers. We just shop till we find the best grade and sell there. Why do you think they are giving you a better grade? It is because they know they have room in your sample to blend in some of thier lower grades and make money on your grain. There is a lot of your money left up for grabs.

All these things were fine when we as producers owned the grain companies and that is when the rles were made. Things have changed and the CGC hasn't changed rules to keep up.

Comment

Deer poo. The Comedian grain system, can't deal with it? They clean grain at the HTP, or at least they charge us for cleaning the grain. Apparently deer poo is tooooo smart, for the Comedian Grain Commission, or the CWB? This entire issue should be off loaded onto Comedian Farmers, hence they should have to clean the grain. Then the HTP kin dock the grain agin and charge to clean it again. WOW what a truly amazin system, we've created. Only the strong will survive this sort of Bullskat!!!!!!

Comment

Deer poo. The Comedian grain system, can't deal with it? They clean grain at the HTP, or at least they charge us for cleaning the grain. Apparently deer poo is tooooo smart, for the Comedian Grain Commission, or the CWB? This entire issue should be off loaded onto Comedian Farmers, hence they should have to clean the grain. Then the HTP kin dock the grain agin and charge to clean it again. WOW what a truly amazin system, we've created. Only the strong will survive this sort of Bullskat!!!!!!

Comment

BUEBERT !!! Do you realise how dumb and stupid you come across?? Get wiyh it or get off!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...