• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB west coast vs. PNW wheat prices...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB west coast vs. PNW wheat prices...

CChurch,

I just looked up the Sept. 10/10 west coast prices...

Since we just delivered the CWB a big chunk of 1CWRW 12.5px... I wanted to see how we fair next to PNW prices!

1CWRW 12.5 is cash CWB Van. $7.25/bu;

US PNW HRW 13px (12.5Cdn. equivalent) is $10.06/bu. CDN.

How does CWRS compare to DNS?

1CWRS 12.5 is cash CWB Van. $7.68/bu;

US PNW DNS 13px (12.5Cdn. equivalent) is $9.04/bu. CDN.

Soooo CChurch... the CWB is short over $2.50/bu on my winter wheat...

And only $1/bu short on the CWRS.

THere you go... freight out west coast!

CWB is $150/ac short on winter wheat.

Can you imagine how much more ww we would grow... IF the CWB were to give us FAIR winter wheat prices???

I finally gave up tryng to compare pnw prices to the morons at the cwb.

The freight rate from mid point saskatchewan to the west coast is pretty much equivalent to pnw from north dakota, but, the prices are higher at both points in the states.

AND they don't wait a year and a half for their money.

Comment

the cwb will tell you thats not the world price of wheat.

Funny thing, this year, its the only price of wheat.

Comment

It doesn't seem to matter where you do the price comparison. In the farmers pocket, at port, at the customer or wherever, the monopolists who would rather sell their grain to the government just stick their fingers in their collective ears and start chanting la,la,la,la,la,la.

Comment

bucket;

The CWB tells us many things... including they get us 'designated area' grain growers a premium!

The only practical power the CWB has... is to...

Extract a premium -FROM- 'designated area' grain growers.

No wonder why they do not allow commercial 'designated area' grain growers the power to control the CWB.

Goodale knows this... which is why he set up the 'banana republic' voting system.

Canadians (grain growers included) are too passive and friendly/trusting/forgiving to stop the deception... after all it helps SM5 with cheaper feed! This is the chief advantage they have over US producers!

In western Canada... we are free...

Free to do what we are told to do.

Comment

I think this sums it up. A guy like Burbert would rather everyone get $5 a bushel then he get $5.50 in an open market and his neighbour get $6.

Comment

VValk, unfortunately I think you're right.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...