• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Durum

The current asking price for durum is 348.00 a tonne. Up 15.00 from the previous week.

If the price is almost ten bucks and rising the cwb is obviously getting good money for it.

Why is the initial so low considering they made a call before the end of the crop year?

They must have seen the demand picking up earlier than they are telling us.

It is still quite a spread between the rising asking prices and the initial payment. And considering they have a clean slate to average over the year, the price has to go above cwrs.

Unless they made bad sales early like wheat. Or they are covering off last years disaster with a large final as it is an election year.

Sept 27

Wheat, St. Lawrence: 1 cw 1.00 pct $375.50; 1 durum $383.44; Malting barley (domestic), Thunder Bay: Select 6-row $286.00. Select 2-row $296.00.

Comment

Thanks Larry

It makes it that much worse of a story.

Comment

Up another 2 bucks a tonne today.

Larry Hill told me the other day that the cwb doesn't get 100% of the asking price. Ok, so there is some negotiating going on, but in a rising market there can't be too much of a discount.

At 350 a tonne at thunder bay, durum is not too far away from 10 bucks a bushel. Minus the 1.60 for freight it seems hard to believe a producer in western canada won't see 8 bucks net farm. Dreaming again.

Comment

Bucket I was talking to my CWB rep the other day.

Turns out the CWB accepted 52% of the 09 crop.
          btw I won my bottle from my Hutterite friend.

Wow it's a good thing they saved us from ourselves and kept us from selling to low.
          OR
          Is it a good thing they had the April PRO so few seeded durum? because we had a crop of high quality in the bin.

Any of you contrarians out there that grew durum, oats and flax will make out like bandits this year if you get your crop.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...