• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agrologists.. Are they liable??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now that some of us are using agronomist more and more, then are we now able to blame someone-else for our problems, instead of ourselves?

How many people (BE HONEST) have gone to their chemical supplier, listened to their comments against cutting rates, or to use higher water volumes, not to use non-registered mixes, use another product to avoid weed resistance and still went ahead and did what we wanted? Then why do we blame the chemicals, the multinationals or the dealer when something doesn't work?

If an agronomist tells you to spray for midge, and you decide to go to the lake for the long weekend, who do you blame?

Agronomists are not paid to hold your hand, just to provide you with HONEST advice, its to you whether you want to believe them or not.

Comment

My clients knew when I made mistakes. I also showed on my invoices that I wasn't billing them for my mistakes.

You're right, all we do is make recommendations to farmers. Ultimately, the final call is the farmer's. If we want to keep our business with farmers, we have to make a financial difference in one way or another. I established my business and my respect with my growers during the worst year(s) in my area.

Comment

dogman , tman you are both correct in your comments. I dont have a problem with my agrologists, in fact find them very knowledgeable and helpful. My problem stems solely from the fact that if anyone should have known there was midge in the area, it should have been the pro's. One agrologist still denies midge were a problem in the area yet the terminals are finding all kinds of damage in the samples from this area..

Comment

JDGreen.

There is something called an economic threshold. I have never been in an area that had a midge problem, so don't know what that might be wherever you are.

The agronomist may be using something like that to say..... yes, there are, and will always be midge, (or grasshoppers) but will a $15 - $20 application of an insecticide, at the number we are finding (in netting, or tape traps) provide an positive economic return? Same would go for flea beetles, army worms, etc. If we sprayed the same chemical every year we would build up resistance that won't work when we do have a severe outbreak.

As far as the grain companies, are they really finding it as bad as they are claiming, or are they like the Japanese and will they use any excuse to "get a deal"?

Comment

midge is a first for us as well. ONCE BITTEN , TWICE SHY BABY !!! Wont happen again imo. My wife and I will be all over it like a fat kid on a smartie here on in..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...