• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One side Wins other looses!!!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

saskfarmer3 quit your complaining!!! If you can't handle the stress of being a farmer,then like someone said maybe it's time for you to get a city job!! I've been in this farming game for over 80 years and now the boys are taking over,we have not and still do not pay attention to any of these programs.We basically had a very poor crop this year due to all the water and flooded landed,but we will survive without these programs.If you are needing these programs just to survive then you are just running on borrowed time and eventually there will be a farm sale in the future.As for the farmers in the west congradulations on your crop,hope the prices just keep going higher for you guys,maybe next year it will be our turn again.

Comment

Hey TNT I never count on gov t 20 years working for them taught that. Plus surviving I have enough carryover to pay all expeces plus nextyears imputs. That I learnt from an old guy in rosetown years ago. Self insure, what ps me off is we will again this winter loose young guys with no help like you are giving your boys and we need these young guys. False hope is no good.

Comment

It is tough to attract young people to agriculture.....but who's fault is it? For all the bitching and complaining that farmers do about how terrible things are in the farming industry, how farmers are always getting screwed, how everything sucks...etc If we tell them there is no future in the industry, we are dissappointed they don't want to join? Attitude is everything as to how we portray the industry. If it is so terrible....no one is forcing you to do it!

Comment

umm well that's why so many are gone and going facts are facts how many young farmers are there? And this round where the last flood disaster and drought disaster coupled with this current disaster with no Agrivation and poor crop insurance there is going to be a wack less. I'm tired of people who think we are raising issues because we just like to. No we are raising what some don't want to see or hear and that is that agriculture is headed to the one earth style bullshit where you just watch programs will be developed specifically for those type of farms and not the more traditionally family type farm.

On the cattle side boy i sure have seen the optimism, holy fk take a look around, good grief man! We have never had 2 governments more destined to speed up the crash of the ag sector than these ones.

Comment

And by the way when your bins are empty is a smile gonna make the collectors go away? Guess a lot of guys are gonna have to try that one.

Comment

Sorry my message was not very concise, a bit of a rant - sorry. I am agreeing agriculture is tough, no doubt about it. There will continue to be lots of young people leaving the industry. There are some people who have been successful out there, but their success gets overshadowed by all the other people pointing out all the problems...

I think our messaging is wrong about the problems, lots of poor attitudes, and the young folk will pick up on that in a hurry. If we are just complaining about it, we don't deserve help. If we are trying to add to solultions than we should start sending a clear message out. I am not sure it is possible to start looking at the opportunities for solutions if you have no positive thoughts that there is a hope things could ever get better? Yes, none of this will help after the fact, that your bins are empty and they shouldn't be, but have to find a solution to that problem to in order to survive.

Comment

I agree with that whole heartedly there has to be a solution to this mess. I am just saying sitting there with a smile on without doing something about it doesn't do anything good. Young people and old are leaving and after this last flood for us I am pretty sure we are done also, there is just nothing coming from these programs. We never used to need any help prior to these years that are just unbelievable. Not to begrudge those with the margins but no way just because mainly weather was good they will take home huge amounts and the areas of several disasters nothing that's not right at all.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...