• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB WANTS YOUR DURUM!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see the CWB has answered their durum delivery problem. Now a Guaranteed Delivery Contract for 1 and 2 durum. Sign a contract and step to the front of the line.

Comment

Initial is still at 1.80 and he cwb is paying demurrage. Ask the cwb if the boat guys wait for their money.

The cwb is a bunch of incompetent fools wasting other people's money.

Why doesn't ward and Ian pay the demurrage for bad planning.

Comment

I don't think I would want the CWB to pay demurage - could easily be slippage on durum demurage into the other accounts.

Better idea, why not take what they view as common practice in feed barley and offer low cost early payment options. They could take demurage cost savings and use it to pay some of the cost of an option. Or better, use the same process they do with malt barley and offer a cash plus where farmer are paid up to 90 % of the actual sale value of the durum for the actual sale that delivery is applied against.

Comment

A weird question. Is demurage allocated to the actual wheat/barley pool account or is it held out in general expenses and paid by some allocation from all the pooling accounts. The reason is I see reference to the CWB money and I hate to break to break to you, there ain't no such thing - the CWB has no money. Its your money that is being spent on demurage.

Comment

And why do you think the initials are going to stay so low?

Of course it is my money they are wasting on demurrage - I am not that stupid. I just think the central planners in winnipeg should start paying for it out of their pockets not mine.

The durum has been available for quite some time, they have done a shitty job in planning the sale. From sending out liquidated damages letters on overdelivery to not knowing the crop was wrecked early in the spring. This durum could have all been at port three months ago and everyone knows it, except the ****ing retards in Winnipeg celebrating pasta day.

Comment

Since demurrage was talked about here, I checked.

There is a durum vessel in Vancouver that has been there since Sept 19, started loading on Oct 14 but is now sitting idle. 60,500 tonnes taking 39 days to load so far.

A second one has been there since Oct 5 - only a parcel lot of 10,815 tonnes.

Not sure what the demurrage bill would be so far but its safe to say its big.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...