• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ergot

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ergot

I did some research, because my grain chemistry class was at 7:30am therefore I didn't go, milling wheat is washed prior to milling. This is where they remove stones and soften the bran for easier milling. Therefore since ergot floats it will come out in that process. So for those of you like me with ergot, congratulations you're getting boned and you're pading someones profits by $4/bu.

Ask some of those wannabe directors why there isn't a ergot/smudge/fill inthe blank program just like the one for fusarium.

Grow feed wheat year in and out and the cwb takes care of you in certain designated areas.

Has something to do with where they hire all their summer students.

If they do it for one problem they should do it with all problems.

I grew a 2AD or better for the last five years - shouldn't they be able to bump my three up to a 2AD this year.

They have been promoting the practice for fusarium for years.

Comment

The discount for ergot is likely because they can's use the dockage in feed (that all elevators steal from us)and thus has to be disposed of in a landfill.

Again I'm just guessing

Comment

They don't sell it as feed, they blend it back in to spec as it's loaded on the boat.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...