• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch Out For the Nov 9 USDA Crop Production Report for a Grain Market Price Retreat?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch Out For the Nov 9 USDA Crop Production Report for a Grain Market Price Retreat?

>

I will visiting Alberta this week as a guest of Pioneer Hi-Bred giving presentations in

Nov.2 at the Vegreville Social Centre

Nov 3 at the Westlock Memorial Hall

Nov 4 at the Camrose Regional Exhibition.

I think Pioneer can accomodate a few more farmers, if you want to attend, send me an email at moe.agostino@farms.com

Here is the agenda, if you are interested,

Moe Agostino,
    Managing Commodity Strategist
    Farms.com Risk Management

Objectives of the Seminar:

- To help you increase your profitability through the use of a price risk management plan for your operation

- To provide you with the knowledge and skills required to incorporate hedging with commodity futures and options into your price risk management plan

Agenda

9:00 – 9:15: Welcome and introductions

9:15 – 10:45: Introduction to how futures markets operate and how to shed price risk with futures

10:45 – 11:00: Coffee Break

11:00 – 12:00: How options markets work and how to hedge with options

12:00 – 1:00: Lunch and Pioneer Agronomic presentation – Ray Gauthier

1:00 – 2:30: Learning how to read market trends and signals with technical analysis in order to

manage price risk.

2:30 – 2:45: Coffee Break

2:45 – 3:00: Pioneer Hi-Bred fall programs.

3:00 – 4:15: Putting it all together - How to develop a risk management plan for your farm.

4:15 – 5:00: Questions and wrap up.
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...