• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

feed wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feed wheat

Okay guys/girls take a deep breath here. I don't want to start a big buy back/cwb debate.

Some of you know the rules way better than me and I am just going to ask a question about marketing to inform myself and others.

With all the feed wht that is out there this year and some feel they could sell it into the USA system for higher quality milling wheat. Would it not be worth while to buy back from the CWB as feed wht and then haul into the states and sell as milling wht?

Is this not what the grain companies will be doing? Buy your wheat for feed price both board and non board, then export into mills if the quality meets thier buyers specs?

Buy the way I didn't grow any feed wheat but I know there is LOTS out there and I'm just trying to see if there is ways to help move this stuff and make money, in our current system, because I don't think the system is going to change before we move this crop.

Besides a producer car loading facility maybe we need a producer boat loading facility.

The cost of your buy back over and above initial (cheque you would cut to re-
    take ownership) yesterday was $162.62/tonne.

If you an fpc at the same time yesterday on feed wheat would be $166/tonne.
    FPC - $319 (Nov.3). Initial 1CWRS 13.5 - $134. Feed wheat deduction - $20.

It works if the premium in the US is enough to pay your trucking and hassle
    factor.

Comment

The $166 (actually $165) is the cheque you will recieve
      in the mail 2 weeks after delivery.

Comment

There are some pretty interesting things you can do these days with imagination and a little time with the calculator/pencil (or maybe in the new world spread sheet). An observation (perhaps inappropriate) is the CWB sometimes loosens rules/processes a bit in election periods. A $30/tonne basis on 1CWRS 13.5 is aggressive relative to the past. Relationship between the FPC and the buyback is tighter.

Perhaps what you are saying is pay attention and look for opportunities.

Comment

Charlie,

I see CWRS is now a POSITIVE $40/t.

Yet 2NS/DNS14px is $420/t or more for over the next six months.

AND for higher quality CWB 1CWRS... the CWB is offering us close to $100/t less than US growers are offered... WHY?

Where is all the money going?

Comment

Nov 5 info at:

http://www.uswheat.org/reports/prices/doc/CCB13C078BC2CDF8852577D20072E621?OpenDocument#

Open:PR 101105.xls

Comment

Nobody looks this far down but a good site. Have shortened the link. People will still have to open the spreadsheet.

[URL="http://www.uswheat.org/reports/prices/doc/CCB13C078BC2CDF8852577D20072E621?OpenDocument#"]uswa prices[/URL]

Comment

TOM

The cwb currently has some BIG demurrage charges in front of them.

Hence the reason for GDC on high quality wheat and durum. They didn't plan or execute sales properly.

BUT its the farmers fault because they wouldn't deliver grain for $1.70 a bushel.

Do you remember the Chinese and Saudis sales they were bragging about in June. At what price did those sales get made??? Those two sales ate up ten percent of the marketing for this year. And with grain they didn't have!!!

Don't forget about our "premium" market that are now sourcing US grain.

And don't forget about the storage premium for high protein wheat that isn't coming out of storage for 1.75.

Need any other reasons why the money isn't there?

Basically the cwb is in the market looking for or buying grain to match their sales. That doesn't come cheap. The indicators are there, you just gotta look for them.

Comment

Charlie,

If the CWB is going to set up PPO programs based on Port prices... the CWB SHOULD BE FORCED TO PAY FOB PORT PRICES FOR THE WHEAT IT BUYS FROM DESIGNATED AREA GRAIN GROWERS IN WESTERN cANADA!!!

THE COUNTRY THAT RULES FROM THE SEPARIST BLOC COALITION SEATS... FROM THE OPPOSITION SIDE OF THE PARLIAMENT.

Iggy/Goodale are crazy if they believe the gov. of Canada did anything without them being complicit and approving what happened in Parliament.

Canadians know this to be true.

The CWB is the perfect example of this fact... Goodale made sure the CWB Act did not change... with the help of his friends in the Courts!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...