• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Blunders

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<i>"Identify the ballots, and tell the CWB election
    committee who voted what, so we can
    gerrimander the election boundaries and put
    Ranger and some of his pals in another district. 
    </i>

I don't know Parsley, but that's one heck of a
    gerrymander to get me 300 miles out of the
    district I should be in.

So what do I do with this ballot, and how many
    more are out there?

Comment

"one heck of a gerrymander"

Seems to me like a dandy way to get rid of your vote!

By the time various voters are notched out, the results are quietly secured via an obscure committee who redesign boundaries, in secret, without having to divulge the process.

It's a proven method! But of course, ranger, I'm much too imaginative.Pars

Comment

Can't talk for Alberta, but I can say that in Manitoba, BSE caused a lot of debt. It caused lost equity, and left just about everybody with no cushion against whatever else was coming down the pipe. Whatever else has cropped up in a non-BSE related way would have been dealt with, I'm sure of that. BSE helped accelerate a lot of the things you see as being problems too. Would MCOOL have gotten the traction it did if BSE hadn't happened? I doubt it. The dollar is about the only thing that I can think of that hasn't been the result of BSE.

Most Manitoba producers have no reserves left to cover anything out of the ordinary. Parts of the province are under water for the third year in a row, and it is more than a desperate situation for those people.

And they got an announcement today that help is on the way. Ya! The announcement was that they could defer income tax on the sale of their breeding stock. In other words, "Don't let the door hit you in the bum on your way out."

Don't forget fat cattle in this province aren't worth nearly what they are just about anywhere else. We've lost our processors, and were the most reliant on the U.S. market. On the radio at noon today, fats were quoted at 79 to 82 cents a pound.

Is it any wonder the bred cow sales around here are all fully booked right through to the end of the year?

Comment

Farmranger,

The 'hard to believe' part... is that this happens election after election.

You would have thought after the first mix up.... they would be more carefull in the next election!

It is truly amazing how many land lords get 2-3 ballots.

This year one wrote me a note complaining that this person only got 2 ballots instead of the normal 3 received in past elections.

IF anyone thinks this CWB election is 'fair' and democratic... they are smoking CWB wacko single desk wheat!

But wacky ralphie won't let anyone ammend the process....

There are a million an one ways to fix multiple ballots. After 12 years... we are no closer to making this democratic and fair... than when we began in 1998.

Goodale ...the wheat board minister that rules from the grave. And that is the way he wrote the CWB Act in 1998... SO HE COULD.

I wonder how many tonnes of wheat or barley Ralph sold in the last crop year to the CWB???

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...