• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Name An Essentail Quality for Good Leadership

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name An Essentail Quality for Good Leadership

What determines good leadership, so that you will follow?

Or, what makes you not follow? Pars

Apparently it depends on which side of the political spectrum you reside on as to what qualities attract followers.

Those on the left will follow anyone who suggests that gov't and their agencies are there to help and will strive to figure out a way to "help" even more in the future.

Those on the right will follow someone who suggests gov't is too intrusive already and need to get back to limited governance and self reliance.

It's sad how once someone gets elected the morals and convictions get tossed out the window in favor of the paycheck and bureaucratic compliance.

Comment

"Integrity is the ability to stand by an idea."
      — Ayn Rand

Are you saying integrity. silver? Pars

Comment

Some who can articulate a vision for the future and some basic principles about
        what needs to happen to get there. I should highlight they don't necessarily
        have all the answers or are presciptive about the exact steps along the way.
        They leave that to the people they work with and their innovativeness.

Comment

"Throughout the centuries there were men who took first steps, down new roads, armed with nothing but their own vision."
          — Ayn Rand

Comment

Perhaps leadership is the exact opposite of insanity.

Insanity has been defined here many times as: "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

Comment

good point charlie. there will have to be change in the way a great many things are done to get the economy out of the mess it's in.

Comment

Are you talking about the actual idea of getting plastered, charliep? I'll follow anyone who will buy the first round!

If you become so serious about the direction you want to take me that there is no fun left in it, I will not follow any of you.

Comment

I am in the process of leading a team and perhaps am learning you don't tell people what to do or perhaps better, how to do it - at least if you want them to be creative and innovative. Not something I didn't know and not my style anyway but still challenging to lead (likely the wrong word) people to a successful outcome.

Perhaps Parsley asked the question about leadership in agriculture. When I look at successes in western Canadian agriculture (there are many), I suspect you can identify an individual or group of individuals that took on a leadership role by providing a vision that people can understand and buy into. The question that started this thread is qualities enabled them to do this.

Comment

A good leader will not ask followers to do anything they would not do themselves.

A bad leader is a leader that dithers...

Comment

Different situations require different kinds of leaders.

Some situations require a plan and discipline, and others require inspiration.

Comment

Perhaps a difference between a manager and leader. A manager can carry a stick and use to motivate. A leader normally has to carry a carrot and know how to show benefit.

Comment

He has to be able to take a punch.

Comment

Can someone name an organization that lacks leadership????

Comment

You have a fence to White wash or a ol' Berg to melt, Mr. Bucket?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...