• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drainage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will flatten your tires if you ditch too much onto mine! Some of you think it is a joke but be conciderate to your nieghbors and ask before you trench.

Comment

If you're having a difficult time telling right from wrong, explain to your children exactly how the effects of trenching on your farm will effect your neighbors. Ask them if it's fair.

They'll tell you. Pars

Comment

Its fair because my land and my nieghbours land I drain onto would be worthless without drainage. Sure hope the kids can understand that.

Comment

Drain her boys, ya gotta do, what ya gotta do. To hell with neighbours and government bull!!!! Every man fer himself.

Comment

Ours all runs into creeks, empties into lakes. Not much wrong with that.

Comment

Except for all those farmers along the creeks and lakes. Not to mention all the cabin owners of a few select lakes that dont have natural outlets. Sounds like we farmers are becoming that "non caring large corpearate buisness" that we say we wont become. We are all getting that non caring, non giving selfish attitude. Just give it a few years Farmers will loose all credabilty that we are know for. Please excuse the poor grammer and spelling. I am just a farmer.

Comment

I think they said all the drainage into poor fishing lake cause a whopping negligible amount of water rising.

Comment

Greg, your'e so very wrong. It produces a whopping 2 inches of added water ! It's not from 40 inches of rain, its those dam farmers. lol

Comment

every situation is different in terms of the effect of your draining, if you are draining into a well cleaned ditch that can take the water to the end quickly no problem, if you are draining onto someone else's land that the water has difficult time to leave that's another, and your draining shouldn't force someone else to drain their land just to farm it. I certainly agree with breadwinner on most of those points made.

Especially the corparate greed selfish thing you see it out there all the time, there are those who had good weather which allowed no crop loss for the last 5 years and now with a crop loss will get a big cheque in the mail next summer to support their mexican holiday while at the same time calling those that have had a bad run of weather and no margin in cais whiners because we are not going to get a dime out of the so called "stabling" program, really shows the character going on, that politicians play on.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...