• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

drainage

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

drainage

I took a drive over the weekend and was not totally surprised at what I saw. With the nice weather of late, and the wet year we had, I saw trackhoes, sc****rs, and v-ditchers going all over the back country. There will be a lot of irate farmers next spring when they find they not only have their water to contend with, but also their neighbors.

hey don't worry, get your own going and join the crowd. The government doesnot care and these farmers are out to produce food not ducks. There should be more done by the government to clean old drains and get this water moving. The land from winnipeg to gladstone would be one big swamp if it wasn't for the forsite of our forfathers to keep the drains open.

Comment

I agree pro farmer.
      Their is a gov dug ditch from the 60s that no one looked at and it is now full of trees ext. Blocked highway because of its problems. Producing crop or ducks that's a good one.
      And Grr get off your wallet and clean up your land.

Comment

Yep we are trying to grow crops not foxtail and bullrushes.

got the excavator coming today.

Comment

15 locations on this farm for the trackhoe this week, most of them very small jobs.
          Its that time of the year, nothing else going on in the fields.

Comment

Im soil testing today. Track hoe can dig for a few weeks yet.

Comment

Would if we could land is to wet

Comment

SO WET impossible to maintain C&D works. Full of grass cat tails & bulrushes. Lots of scared already irate farmers. Just got a phone call about a dispute in this area. I'd suggest if water is leaving your land, talk to ALL those downstream to prevent trouble. We are all sitting with water so nobody is unique. The time to drain is when it's drier and will not affect others. Old ditches are grandfathered, new major stuff IE "track hoe" type could be a problem. Use common sense guys.

Comment

Becareful who's land you drain onto and where it ends up. You might own it some day and need to drain it else where.

Comment

Yes we have alot of track hoes working in this area too..To bad all the ditches are full of water that is not moving because of grass that could not be mowed last yr...BUT the "BIG" farmers could give a crap about the smaller ones and just dump more on them because they are lucky enough to be up stream...Might turn out like the OLD west before to long...

Comment

Hope none of that water you guys are talking of draining is coming my way. You might find it a little hard climbing in your tractor next spring with your knee caps busted!! BE VERY CAREFUL BOYS!!

Comment

The best story i've heard comes from Manitoba. I wasn't there, don't have pictures so take it for what it is worth...

A SW MB farmer (i'll leave the town out to protect the innocent) was draining a slough in his field in the spring with a smaller JD tractor attached to a pump and 10 inch pipe. One of the farmers affected downstream took a 30.30 and kept shooting the tractor until it died....

Right up until it's untimely death ...nothing ran like a Deere...lol

Comment

We are mostly in drainage areas. RM is the worst around here now, seems if you want to dig in a road ditch of depth, have to go through SWA. Working on applying for a new ditch now but does not hurt anyone so don't see why it should not go through. It was a long time coming.

Comment

hey smallguy don't be so lazy and let the water keep moving..

Comment

Just because 1% of you (or even 99% of you) think the same; doesn't mean that any of you have your heads screwed on right.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...