• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Falling numbers and what your feed wheat is worth!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Falling numbers and what your feed wheat is worth!

Spring Wht Falling Numbers - 299 to 275 -25; -5 each 25 under 275 to 200
    under 200 - $1.00
    So whats your falling number on your 2010 crop.
    Ours is 285 so
    S WHT 14 PRO Berthold Elevator
    Cash Price Futures Month Futures Price Futures Change Basis
    11/30/10 7.65 @MW1H 830'0 12'0 -0.65
    12/31/10 7.70 @MW1H 830'0 12'0 -0.60
    1/31/11 7.80 @MW1H 830'0 12'0 -0.50
    9/30/11 7.30 @MW1Z 850'0 6'2 -1.20

$7.65 - .25 = $7.40 in my pocket in ND.
    Canadian system
    $4.25 and in pool. Wink wink you might get some money some day some year. Yea and you don't need a coat in winter in Alaska.
    So difference $3.15 a Bushel or close to $200,000.00 difference. So who's wage am I paying.

The cwb uses falling numbers to sell grain but not to buy it.

Why do I say this? Because Americans buy and sell grain by falling numbers. The buyers of grain in the world are not that stupid. The cwb has to provide the same numbers as the americans since the are competing for sales.

Ask your director why falling numbers are not in effect for this crop year as it is a major grading factor world wide.

Comment

SF3, Could you please show how a buy back on your feed wheat and sale into USA would work out.

I have some #5 AD that I might want to do this with if there is that much dif and I can get #1 for it in the USA.

Maybe you or someone else could show us all costs including brokerage trucking etc. I have never investigated this before and don't know where to start.

Comment

Some one else work on this since I am at the Hospital with father this week. But if I have time some where will do.
        Durum is tough their grading tough in ND also but its better than a 5.

Comment

I would suspect a buyback would cost more than its worth. Thats the way the cwb works. They increase your risk while reducing theirs. And then pat themselves on the back.

I asked about a buyback the other day on 1cwrs but first I had to sign a contract with them. The buyback was over 200 a tonne for 1cwrs 12px.

Comment

Thanks for this,

Comment

wmoebis -

Get off your butt and do some actual leg work for once! Pick up the phone and find out.

Why let someone else do the research for you. Oh ya, that is the CWB marketing way.

Comment

The buy back on feed wheat (November 4) was $164/tonne. You can offset most by getting money up front with a fixed price contract. Trucking will be a matter of where you live relative to a US elevator. Others will have experience with trucking rates into the US or using their own trucks. I will leave the brokerage side to other with experience moving wheat across the border.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...