• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

nexera

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nexera

i think we say every year that "we're never going to
    grow nexera ever, ever again". this year we really
    mean it though. yields, weed control, and storage are
    all a pain with very little reward.

They sent out a card to come to the nexera booth at Agri trade and hear about the profits, I can't get to the show but would like to walk up and tell them how much I figure they owe me from the 2 times over the last 8 I tried it. They also have a cute little contest where you text them a code to be enetered then they text everyone during the show and the first one to the booth wins the prize. ( then they text you all winter and spring and summer and fall and winter etc etc)

Comment

MC,

Bunge in Ft Sk facility are sold out for 2011 acres of Nexera.

Comment

Tom
        I believe you but it's funny, you couldn't give seed away down here

Comment

30% cut in yield and when I said to the seed dealer I would not grow it again the Dow rep was on the phone trying to give me a better dealk on seed and price. I asked, where are the deals for other growers and he had the reply, the are no other complainers. The deal was for me only and not for anybody else.I have not bit yet even after a couple of calls by the seed rep.

Comment

With the $4.00/ac rebate for growing CL nexera from BASF, the new CL Hybrid for nexera yeilding the same as the check (45h21 or 5020), the $30/ bag rebate from DOW and $30/ mt health bonus. This all sound good enough to grow it. The RR's I do not like but the CL in my area do really well and it is a great herbicide rotation. To me it is a win!

Comment

How is another group 2 in the rotation ever a good thing? Poor weed control poor movement and poor yield make this a non-starter.

Comment

I grew it twice.The first year it froze so they made everyone a sweat deal to grow it again with free seed plus 25 dollars cash.I fell for it and in the fall all things included it was still a loser compared to Invigor planted right beside it,plus movement was the real sh...ts.Never again.

Comment

It does yeild less. I do believe that you can get a better return per acre with all the incentives. Yeild does not always mean more profit. It is easy to see a higher yeild should make you more money but what is your net per acre growing nexera vs LL.

Some people tell me that a coment I am about to make is silly but it is true. You need less storage and save money on frieght. it just make sense.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...