• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

O.K. who of you bought VXX last week......

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O.K. who of you bought VXX last week......

I was going to roll $50,000 in, but was waiting till it hit $10.00.... WTF....somebody big, beat me to it!

http://www.stockhouse.com/tools/?page=%2FFinancialTools%2Fsn%5Foverview%2Easp%3Fsy mbol%3DVXX%26table%3DNYSE

It is called a 4 to 1 amalgamation. It is up only .88 of a percent. Your chart is not showing the amalgamation it is incorrect.

Comment

is that the opposite of a stock spilt, ie Nortel a couple years back?

Comment

Yes, for every 4 shares owned previously one would now have one. Sometimes charts do not adjust right away for the split or amalgamation. The chart needs to multiply by 4 all the previous data before the amalgamation. HNU amalgamated 2 to 1 last week also and took me 15 minutes to explain to the wife that she didn't have a 50,000 dollar windfall.

Comment

Hopper, you probably could have talked her in to taking you out for steak and lobster! lol

Comment

Maybe not 50K, but she's got you :>)
            Pars

Comment

i get worried when companies do this. like when viterra was born 10-1. no-one likes investing in a penny stock which it had become.

Comment

I was going to roll $100k in...quit dealing with chump change

Comment

What is this stock anyway? Can anyone give a description of what it is all about. Cannot seem to find much about it, is it a fund that buys into exploration companies? Why would one think it will turn around? The trend hints to losing 75 percent of value in another year. Cannot find anything positive.

Comment

Isn't it the ETF that tracks the VIX.

Comment

buying VXX is another way to short the NYSE

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...