• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Caution - turbulance ahead!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very precise response Grassy. You are right, we need
    to change the 'culture' here. Good comments Pars, but
    you don't understand Alberta. It doesn't work that way
    here. I'm not sure I would discount the court system
    just because a Provincial cabinet states otherwise. So,
    a starting point?

Comment

Throw the conservative's out next election!

Comment

No doubt it is time for change grassfarmer. Have you considered talking with the ag service board rather than taking the no pay route. You might be surprised how many people in these other elected postions oppose or at least disagree with the current provincial leadership.

Comment

I love the smell of napalm in the morning-but im still not going to bother-even if i make more scence.

Comment

All that the PC's have to do is, load up buses from the old folks homes and drive them to the election polls. Guess what? PC's win again, with even a massiver majority. A bale of hay can get elected in Albertie, if'n its a PC bale. Revolution, not likely ta happen any time soon. PC's have all the money, cause industry lovesem. Vote Liberal in Altie, no f'n way. Maybe some votes fer NDP causa Notely, but not enough. Wild horse party, is even more conservative than the conservatives!! Nope we are doomed to a life of pollution, powerlines, oil wells, oil smell, sour gas, carbon hiding, craker plants, chemicals in the air seems unfair, but thats life in Albertie........ Bye the way, which way to the polls, where you in vote fer the Conservatives?

Comment

Farmers really need property rights enshrined in the constitution. For down the road. Legislated property rights. I think we could still get them for homesteaded farms, at the least. Pars

Comment

Grassfarmer, I'm with you on this. I have been reviewing the Land Stewardship Act, which when printed out is 53 pages long (plus explanatory pages equaling another 17 pages.

It has to be the NASTIEST piece of legislation ever introduced or passed in Alberta/Canada.

I have a bone of contention with all the bills that has been brought to the AB Legislature that were/are drafted by: "The Minister of....." as in this case, the Minister of Sustainable Development.

One: Only MLAs can bring a bill to the legislature. There is no listed name of any MLA on this bill/act (this is the case with most of the bills brought to the leg. over the last decade).

Anybody can be a Minister. There is NO LAW stating that the Minister has to be an MLA, it is "convention" meaning based on past practices; but it is not law.

TWO: No Ministery is to spend money to develop new laws/acts. This is not their mandate/job. The Minister and his staff are to "enforce existing laws". Only MLAs on their own, with their own private funding are allowed to develop new Bills to be brought to the legislature. Tax dollars should not be spent to create new law; this process must be privately funded. Instead, government lawyers and bureaucrats are working on "New Laws" steady.

When I brought this up with then Transportation Minister Jack Hayden, at a Bill 19 Land Assembly Project Area Act meeting, (This bill was brought to the legislature by "The Minister of Transportation", he stated:

"That is true, but that's not the way we do it".

Consequently, all the bills brought before the Alberta Legislature from the office of a Minister ... are unlawful.

If you look back in history, years from now..... as with Bill 36... it merely states it is brought to the leg. by "The Minister of Sustainable Resource Development".... Bearing in mind, that this ACT and others are granting the powers of the Minister to various bodies/individuals (those NOT being elected members of the legislature.).... In the future, we will see a diversion from Ministers being MLAs, to Ministers being unelected private individuals. These individuals will have strong connections to the corporations that are pushing this fascist agenda. The electorate will have NO RECOURSE, against these powerful individuals who will slip seamlessly back and forth between Government positions and Corporate board rooms.

On the basis of these arguements, the Government of Alberta has been enacting Legislation unlawfully for decades, yet where are the lawyers to challenge these criminals. Where are the university scholars who teach politcal science? Do we teach one thing and do another? Do we stand idle will our God given human dignity is destroyed.... Maybe you can ask these questions while you enjoy the radiation from the body scanners at the airport, OR do you perfer a "Love Pat".........................................

Comment

Randy, I don't think the Ag Services boards are going to cause much of a storm in a tea cup.
                  I'd be quite interested in Coppertop's views on this topic given her involvement at municipal level and that she was a big supporter of Steady Eddie.

Comment

Thanks Pars for the advice - I'll think on tackling it at a Federal level which appears to be what you are suggesting - not that I have the ability or time to tackle that large a project.

Burbert - what do you mean the PCs need to load up at the old folks home to get re-elected? what about at the auctions grain farmer hangouts? Lets face it rural Alberta is blue to the core. Just look at this thread - where are the responses from the Alberta guys that spout indignation about the unfairness of the CWB, the farmers jailed, no freedom etc - TOM4CWB for one? I suspect these folks can't get past supporting their Tory masters even if they are stealing their land from them.

Comment

I wouldn't be too sure about that grassy.

They have pushed it too far this time and we are not happy. They will find that out in the next election. Unfortunately, getting farmers to commit to anything more than a petition drive is nearly impossible and almost no one has the patience for lawsuits.

And yes, I am indignant, the cwb is unfair to anyone who believes in freedom of choice.

Comment

Politics aside, do you see the logical disconnect
                        here?

<i>"I suspect these folks can't get past supporting
                        their Tory masters even if they are stealing their
                        land from them."</i>

Land is property....<b>and so is wheat.</b>

Comment

A lot of the problem is when you get a government that believes they are undefeatable. We also have issues in Manitoba with the NDP. There are enough people in Winnipeg to vote them in, no matter how many rural voters go to the polls. So laws are based on how good they are for the city, while rural issues are ignored,at least, and sometimes made worse.

They are confident that they can get away with just about anything they like, based on past events. Pass a bad law, no one says anything, and then they vote you back into office. Do that a few times and the confidence level rises along with the audacity of the law.

The federal Conservatives take the western vote for granted too. They assume the West will vote PC, no matter what, so they spend their energy and good will wooing other parts of the country.

Do you guys have an election coming up? Maybe it's time to send a message.

Comment

Politics and property correlation will hit home when the economy really tanks, and all governments surf the taxable horizon, and upon finding it both bare as well as electorally unfriendly, they will confiscate farmland, and use it as a payment option for compensatory obligations they legally need to fulfill.

They'll target the tax-arrears land first.

Neighbors will watch.

Farmers will talk.

And moan a bit. Politely of course.

And watch.

Pars

Comment

What farmers need to make note of, is that Conservatives do not always govern or legislate conservatively.

In the case of Alberta property rights, the Conservative government is Communist.

Doing and saying nothing means approving of it. Pars

Comment

What farmers need to make note of, is that Conservatives do not always govern or legislate conservatively.

In the case of Alberta property rights, the Conservative government is Communist.

Doing and saying nothing means approving of it. Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...