• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cropping Plans...

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dalek, are you in S Manitoba? How were soybeans this year? How does net return compare with canola? Days to maturity?

Comment

It looks profitable until you grow a 15 bushel crop full of cleavers etc and 6 percent green count. Farmers including me are going to say less canola but do the opposite. Dam I don't know what to do.

Comment

Central Ontario. We grow mostly 2800 heat unit beans, averaged 58 bushels this year. Normal average is 45. Only a few hundred acres of canola around here, they have to go to Hamilton so I've never grown them.

Comment

The reason I said CWB grains are risky to grow is you never know the value of your crop till it is too late. Now a days cash flow is very important to farmers and CWB is risky to depend on getting cash to the farmers in a timely fashion.

Comment

Soybean acres in Manitoba could go up to 1 Million acres, from 500 thousand last year. Canola will probably drop. To put this in perspective soybean acres were about 50 thousand in 2001.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...