• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its Going Viral!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boarderbloke.

Totally agree. But we have an insurmountable problem. It's called the, "I won't grow anything but milling wheat", excuse. "It's the only crop I can grow well." "I need it for my rotations."

Personally, I'd switch it out to a variety that would yield, and not fall under the CWB umbrella for a one or two or three or... year experiment in STB. We, however, will never see such a shakeup, because my wheat attitude is #1CWRS high protein, and damn it I won't sell it for anything but that, and I won't grow anything but that. (Doesn't matter that it's $0.78.)

Views on here from choice and non choice alike will tell you that we have been doing STB for the last twenty years. Farmers have been slowly moving away from the CWB by growing non board grains.

I take from that what they are really saying is, "I won't sign on to a one or two year experiment in starvation, because it can't be starved out."

Wouldn't that be something if it had to source US grain to make enough money to pay their employees? I was under the impression that it can't compete without a monopoly.

STB, a better idea than the death by a thousand cuts process that continues.

Comment

STB

We STB and have for years. That being said,did you ever notice I consistently work against the Wheat Board.

Why, you ask?

Because they have no shame. No farmer interest in mind.

YOu may STB on Western wheat, but they will simply buy and market Brazilian wheat. Or Russian wheat.

And do not forget, please read it again, that one small piece of legislation can add canola or flax or lentils to the crops the Board legally markets.

Ka-ping.

One ministerial order from Wayne Easter, or Ralph Goodale.

Ka-ping

They would not be scared to wield their legislated power, either.

All you need is all the unions in Canada striking because not enough grain passes through Eastern ports.

Ka-ping.

So do not be stupid or complacent.You either snap back and kill it, or get eaten alive by this snake. Pars

Comment

What a bunch of dumb useless as tits on a boar comedian farmers... With the CWB gone I can market my wheat to anywhere in the USA/Out East & recieve a better price/grade. When Winter Wheat was over $6 per bushel this year out East how were the MultiNationals screwing the farmer??? I also don't have to put up with the thieves here. To scared to load a rail car or what???

Comment

Congradulations to the people who put this on youtube. Also agree that it is the best dumbed down version that I, as a farmer understand, and also the general public will understand. I have emailed the link to my network of good city friends. I stopped growing wheat years ago, after hearing this video,the same feeling of frustration and resentment came over me. I knew it wasnt right, but I could not understand it. I have a decent education but could never really verbalize my troubles selling wheat, so I just stopped growing it.

Comment

PARS. If it is legal for a farmer to only market their grain to the CWB. Should it be illegal for the CWB to market grain not from a CWB farmer.

Comment

Ya but,which one of us here did it,lol.

Step up and admit it i know your here.

Comment

JDEPAPE...Your explanation of the CWB ripple is exactly correct...I`ve said there is NO doorhandle on my farm NOT affected by the CWB.Even the outhouse handle is more often used when you look at the initals!!

Comment

newguy,

They changed, a few years ago, the legislation to permit the Board to market non DA grain.

But they left the legisllation requiring DA farmers soley market through the Board....yup...intact. Pars

Comment

With a little luck, a few schoolchildren will read it so they get a better education....LOL Parsnikity

Comment

15486 and going up HA HA HA HA. Yea stress payments for farmers talking Eskimo.

Comment

17159 up an up. HAHA HA.

Comment

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLMFbYe7MU
                          18818 and climbing

Comment

The Pubic Relations Department must spend hours taking classes in the CWB's Elastic Fact Deptartment.

That's where one learns how to take an idea or a message and turn it into something completely different.

It's called, 'migratory reasoning'

http://www.newstalk980.com/story/20101127/43781 Pars

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...