• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WALMART - the Power of the Food Retailer

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WALMART - the Power of the Food Retailer

A good article by Shaun Haney from Real Agriculture.

"Next time you hear a neighbour talk about the power of the packer, grain company, or food processor extend the conversation to discuss the REAL power of retailers."

http://realagriculture.com/2010/12/03/is-the-power-of-the-food-retailer-trumping-all/

Magnum,

The food retailers spend billions on stores and retail systems... it would be no surprise they would need to be paid for all that overhead!

Comment

And farmers don't spend and have high overhead?

Comment

Tom, So I take it that you don't mind centralized control like Walmart dictating terms to the smaller players? It always amazes me that some people will support excessively large players such as Walmart even though they are on record as being "free market" supporters.

Comment

Everybody that wants to do business/sell to walmart walks in knowing their costs.

This means they have already factored into their prices a profit otherwise they would not be selling to walmart very long.

The cwb DOES NOT GIVE A SHIT ABOUT FARMERS MAKING MONEY otherwise they would quit giving our grain away.

Do any of you board supporters understand this???

If farmers could sell 100 percent of their crop right now in the US or any other market in the world ,for that matter, they could easily make over $10.00 a bushel without having to pay a bunch of leeches in winnipeg.

And by leeches I mean this:

"""I come early every morning to workout in the on-site gym. It's like having my own personal gym with the bikes, weights and treadmills. I also encourage my very dedicated staff to maintain a healthy work-life balance. I remind them to take breaks and go home on time to enjoy the weather or spend more time with their family. I have walked or rode my bike to and from work for the last 15 years. It helps to clear my mind."
          - Ardo, B. Business Admin.

Here at the CWB we believe our organizational success is powered in part, by the success of our employees. We invest in our staff by providing benefits that support their individual and families' well-being, future career opportunities, the environment and surrounding community.

Our benefits extend beyond a traditional pension and health care plan. Employees value their flexible schedules, our staff lounge "the Back 40" and the opportunity to park their bicycle safely in our secure garage. These are just a few of the perks of working for the CWB.

To find out more about employee benefits and our unique workplace (a Manitoba Top 25 employer for 2010), click on the SUCCESS benefits listed to the left. """"

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...