• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWSWS Wheat

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWSWS Wheat

Looks like the CWB is in the ball park for price on the pro finally. Local feed mill will be offering a better price tomorrow, my previous target was 5 bucks not sure I will hold myself to that and they are not sure they will get to that. Seems there was an abundance of soft wheat around here last year and carried into this year so things have really been slow until maybe now. As far as the CWB is concerned not sure if can still sell to them, probably can sell but will the grain be taken. Would be so much easier if can price to the board for a specific price and dilivery date and location. Last time I fixed price it was just a disaster so I just don't see I to eye or want to even talk to anyone from the CWB. What are others seeing for local prices?

saw $5/bu fob farm se sask today; also
    $5.25 sw manitoba (off-board feed wheat),
    through a cash broker.

www.farmlinksolutions.ca

Comment

So? No options on CWB right now?

Comment

Looking at the 100 percent EPO from the board of 7.27 minus 1.7 is net to me of 5.57 per bushel minus the .31 cent epo cost.
        80 percent epo is a cost of one cent.
        The A series is accepted 100 percent, not sure if that actually has any meaning or not if you cannot find anyone to take the grain.
        Crap I am looking at fixed, basis, early options for next year I think. Like banging head against the wall.

Comment

I see there is 5.10 per bushel delivered to local Pioneer for March Del. they will mix wet and dry. 14.5 is dry. It then gets trucked to Lloyd.
          So they must be at least 15 to 20 dollars per ton higher near Lloyd.

Comment

One local feed mill is taking CWSWS wheat at par with their feed wheat price. Some feed mills don't like it because of lower protien I believe. This mill said they tested the CWSWS grain and they tell me the digestable protien is as good as any other wheat.

Comment

I know some don't like it because, being a soft wheat, when they grind it, it can gum up their mill.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...