• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brandon CWB Breakfast

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brandon CWB Breakfast

Anyone else notice the apparent lack of enthusiasm yesterday morning at the CWB Breakfast. The speaker talked as much about the reasons for price drops throughout the year as the obvious price trends that show no signs of immediate collapse (or even longer term).
    I'm looking for bright prospects (outside the CWB of course) but I didn't see that optimism from the CWB camp.

Saw the CWB presentation at Saskatoon and didn't get that sense.

Did highlight (as would I) that world wheat situation is fundamently different than feedgrains/corn and oilseeds/soybeans. Wheat supplies are adequate (particularly in the US) but also a combination of other countries. Quality end is tight because of Canada and Australia issues.

Yes issues in the US winter areas that will need to be monitored but better conditions (not perfect) Russia and Ukraine.

Story around durum more optimistic with the premium to spring wheat likely to be put back into place in 2011 (likely talked about more in Saskatchewan.

The main issue that was highlighted was the challenges this year of moving a multiple grade and quality crop to specific customers. Also trying to sell on attributes over and above traditional grades.

Comment

That's funny. How did they find our old banker?

Comment

Thats basically what I meant. Not one word said about durum. Corn is on fire; but barley and wheat comments didn't excite anyone I saw.

Comment

Well, excite me.

What did the CWB serve for breakfast with farmers' money? pars

Comment

oneoff coodn't make you out, too much Whinin' & Snivelin' goin' on dare. Lotta WaterWorks.....

Manohmanohman!!! Good ting I kept my hands in my pockets at Dee Show. Lotta Chiselin' & Cheatin goin' on. Friendless Mannietobans everywhere in attendance listening to da Dessenters & Marketeers spewing dare drivel....

What SaskFarmerTree Tink of Dee Show???

Comment

The scrambled eggs were prepared instititional style. I could have done better myself. The strawberry jam portions were dried out and rubbery; but not nearly as bad as two years ago when you could literally have used them for tire patches. Some of the sausages looked a little undercooked; but then I remembered it was FREE. That analysis only works until you remember how much the CWB cost a person in the last year. To be fair; we all must admit that the cooks must take the credit or the blame. But it really wouldn't hurt for the sponsor to mention these matters.
              Will be back again next year. There is always a chance for worthwhile changes to accidentally happen.

Comment

Parsley

It isn't only the CWB that wines and dines people on farmer's money. I know chemical, fertilizer and grain handling giants also wine and dine the middle men between us and them. Sports events and company meetings of every sort where middle men and reps eat like Kings and drink themselves into stoopers because its free........ or is it?????

Comment

Farmaholic at least we can eat their food. Enough said.

Comment

Parsley

It's the same thing that they serve to farmers after the sale of their grain.

Just whatever is left over.

Comment

Ward Weasel (wouldn't want to get his last name right) was in Europe on our dime, talking to customers about the CWB wheat crop quality the day Ireland went through its financial turmoil. His chart showed the down tick for wheat. Suspect he made lots of sales that day on his panic from his customers pointing out this information.

He was also quite proud of how the adjustment factors on fpc were buoying up the 50% sold pools. Great system when you can be Robin Hood.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...