• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB hrs : stay in pool or fixed price ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB hrs : stay in pool or fixed price ????

I guess we are down to a couple days as to our "choice" to fix price wheat or leave in the pool. By my math the price from the 25th show fixed at about .55 cents above pool. We have fixed about a third of what we grew so far.
    Any thoughts on what others are doing?

If your protien is 13% or higher consider staying, below 12.5 fixed price may be more attractive. We have 11.5% protien so we are grabbin the fixed price asap.

Comment

Took a July basis contract on 70% of our wheat. Looking to see $20.00 plus in a few months(as if), but in all reality, I do not see much downside in the near future.

Comment

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I say take the profit. Even in a rising market the pool is a pig in the poke, its an unknown.

Comment

But lesm is right, there's a third option. If you're bullish you can still take a basis contract. It's a lousy basis but if things keep going up you're still in the game. But of course if things come down you may wish you weren't.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...