• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Keep Grain Prices High

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How To Keep Grain Prices High

Comedian farmers should produce a small
    crop this year, save on expenses and
    give themselves some extra fun time.

But and its a big BUTT, they'll plant,
    corner to corner, every single acre they
    kin, and fertilize the heck out of it ta
    get the big yield. Screw everyone else,
    this is the year to get some.

GUESS WHAT, prices plummet again, cause
    world is awash wit grain. Same old,
    same old. Next year'll be better,
    Da!!!! After all its the wheatie boards
    fault, isn't it. Weed never CUT OUR OWN
    THROAT cause we Comedians is way to
    smart ain't we?

Hey I got an idea Burbert. Since you got crop last year and I didnt as well as 8000 other acres in Sask, why dont you take the year off and I will grow the crop this year. I dont have much of a choice either seed the crop or go under we cant have no crop two years in a row.

Comment

The world took a year off from building stocks thanks to mother nature. And she has put a pretty good dent in slowing production this year as well.

You guys do the math, stocks can't be rebuilt in a year and the world has just found out "just in time" delivery doesn't work, when mother nature rages her fury.

Wait till the EU finds out they can't get flax this spring because the railline is under water south of Winnipeg. It is just too funny.

Comment

bucket what actually is funny is dey will just move da flax a few miles West and go south of da boarder. Knot that much out of da way once on da Choo Choo Tracks. Piece of Piss, really. What is also funny is when da flax ends up in da Good Ole US of A it gits renamed as US grown flax and Sold Fer Top Dollar to da EU by Tom's Chiselin' & Cheatin' Friends!!!!!! Ahhh it is gist to Funny!!!!!

Comment

GTO,

THis has been going on for close to a year and a half.

It sure looks like we can NOT keep our contaminated flax out of the triffid clear... so it is sent south where they can be assured to keep purity.

As well the seway is closed in case you forgot.

NICE TRY. US quality on GM is much more closely monitored... it means a law suite if they mess up... not like in Canada where we forgive and forget.

Comment

What is the protocol a farmer should follow if his flax tests Triffid-positive?

1. Contact Flax Police? Who is the contact person?
            2. Is the Positive flax to be quarantined on the farm ?
            3. Bagged or binned separately?
            4. Burned? (The CWB ordered fusarium to be burned)
            5. Are there feed mills who are designated Triffid Receptors?
            6. Are there elevators designated to accept "Triffid Positive Flax"?
            7. Are farmers informed who has Triffid free seed?
            8. Are there ports designated as "Triffid Positive Port"?
            9. Does the farmer sign off for contamoination responsibility?
            10. Are truckers notified?
            12. Do bins have to be scrubbed?
            13. Can you feed the flax to livestock?
            14.Is there a Triffid map in existence? Have you seen on charliep?
            15. Where can a person locate and run off a Tested Triffid Positive Protocol fact sheet?
            16. Has a flax representative been assigned to this Triffid file? Whom and Tel #?
            17. Quarantine Period?
            18. Scrubb augers, trucks, bins etc?
            19. "Hot spot Triffid Positive area" identified and to be avoided?
            20. List of companies who doi NOT buy Triffid?
            Just a few questions/Pars

Comment

Your twenty questions are all Canadian valid requiring answers that will never be forth coming from our organizations.

I choose, as confirmed by numerous flax agents set up in booths at the recent Minot Ag. days, to deal with the Red Wing, Minn. crush plant. None of the agents had any requirements regarding Triffid testing. Several asked, "what's Triffid."

Price is as good, or better, state side, and it is within competitive trucking range. I don't require any more answers.

Good on the flax councils for driving the business south.

Comment

Pars/Checking;

For crush it is much different than trans shipment to the EU. Triffid is approved for the US... so it is not a problem.

Comment

I'm asking about protocol for ordinary everyday farmers like me. If a farmer has Triffid, what's the official drill? Fart and have a beer? Pars

Comment

Actually parsley, what you do is go find some certified seed and take a coffee can out of that and send it in for testing. Problem solved. See how the rocket scientists that think a moronic testing procedure think things through.

Everyone growing flax should pretty much guarantee themselves a clean test and if they don't they have to talk to the company they bought their seed from

Comment

bto

How far south do they go to still get the flax to the EU and be economical.

You would think they would want the flax sitting in an eastern port before the real problems start this spring.

But hey, I am just a dumbshit farmer. I am sure most will agree.

Comment

1. Flax Police?
                        Les Rankin, Flax Council of Canada, (204) 982-2125; Email: les@fc2015.ca

Comment

2. Are there feed mills who are designated Triffid Receptors?

Each one accepting Triffid should be listed on flax website.

Comment

3. Are there elevators designated to accept "Triffid Positive Flax"?

Flax Council says: "Markets for seed testing positive for Triffid are extremely limited and as a result some companies may not be able to accept
                            positive tested flax"

Solution: List them on the website . Save farmers some time, Les.

Comment

4. Are farmers informed about seedgrowers who have Triffid free seed?

List of Triffid free seedgrowers should be listed online on Flax websiite. Save the farmer time,

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...