• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How To Keep Grain Prices High

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5. Have the Triffid positive seedgrowers been delisted from selling ALL seed flax and have they been required to observe a time out? Les?

Comment

6 Why is the Triffid presence map not posted on the Flax Council website for farmers to monitor, Les? It's our bloody business and we have a every right to track flax contamination.

Flax Council states this: "Producers are strongly requested to sign the part of the form authorizing release of the testing results to the Flax Council for statistical monitoring"

This map should also be accessible on the Grain Commission's website.

Grow up. This will only work if farmers are full fledge members of the team cleaning up Triffid.

We are the first line of defense, and YOU are the mistrusted members.

Comment

7. Grain Commission says:

"Canadian Grain Commission investigation into the presence of FP967
        The Canadian Grain Commission is conducting an investigation into the presence of FP967 within the Canadian flaxseed supply. The Canadian Grain Commission will share results of this investigation with Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries at regular intervals"

Post the results on the website for farmers, too.

Farmeres are not chopped liver.

CGC serve farmers, NOT the other way around. Read this to your Commissioner and your Borats of Directors.
        YOu have forgotten you are there to serve.

Comment

8. <p></p>
          <p><strong><a href="http://www.flaxcouncil.ca/files/web/MESSAGE%20TO%20PRODUCERS%20Feb%208,%202010.pdf
          ">(Producer Guide)</a></strong></p>

Comment

My question is this. Our flax last year was tested as Triffid free. Saved seed again tested Triffid free so used seed. This year our production has traces of Tiffid. There is a market for the same price (for Tiffid positive) as for Tiffid free. Should we again save our seed and produce more or buy a less yielding (unfortunately) new seed, a non CDC variety, still with no guarantee of Triffid free.

I'd like to sue the seed supplier to start smartening up the system but that's a long road and suing neighbors doesn't usually do anyone any favors.

Comment

I just sent this "accountability" email:

Les Rankin,
              Flax Council of Canada,
              (204) 982-2125

Dear Les,

You are listed as the designated flax person working with/for farmers.

Please click on
              https://www.agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1296666367

I posted some zTriffid flax questions on a farmer website.

When you respond online, it will provide tansparency, it will save farmers time, it will save you time and redundancy, and it will serve to work towards an atmosphere of "working together" instead of top down.

I don't know if you also speak as a representative for the Canadian Grain Commission, but if you do not, please forward this email to the appropriate person at the Grain Commission who deals with flax issues so that they also answer questions online that farmers might ask them.

Looking forward to you serving farmers capably,

With Thanks,
              Parsley

Comment

Post your questions. Pars

Comment

Reductions in production of crops cause the processors to switch and therefore have to change labels. Then to switch back becomes very difficult. The worst thought out there is a shortage of a specific crop causes high prices. Only true if there is no substitute but then no one has any and so no one makes money anyways. Good quality, consistent marketing, and apparently uncontaminated seed production, duh, make the best profit over the long term.

I disagree Burb.

Comment

This is the reply from Flax Les:

"I am away from the office and will return on February 7"

Comment

Pars, gota give you cedit for pounding this whole triffid thingy but we all know this was a scam to flatten flax prices which it did, much like the b/s canary seed b/s and mustard b/s. At the end of the day no one eats flax in europe it is crushed for linseed oil for linolium(well 90%) This whole sherade in all the above was to drive prices down from 2008 highs - which it did. But now they will have to pay the piper very soon as there will be no stocks left and demand will eventualy push prices to all time highs, very shotrly. See the beef /cattle markets - numbers have gotten too low and the cunsumer will be screaming blue murder very shortly from the grocery counters. - Why, b/c Farmers have/will drop production if they are loosing money at growing or producing any commodity. JMT

Comment

Burb, what we produce in westen canada means squat on the world stage. We could(and will not) double production in every commodity in 2011 and it will have very lttle long term impact on world mrkets - except canary amd mustard. If that is what you believe - I agree with others do not grow a crop and let those that did not have a crop have their turn. At the end of the day it will have very little difference on how much we produce - it will depend on much bigger markets than our garden market here, especialy with borg grains.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...