• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

a little common sense anyone?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

a little common sense anyone?

http://www.pimco.com/Pages/Devils-Bargain.aspx

Good grief,what a goof-about ten years late to the
    party.

Comment

fine but he's one of the few who dares to show up.

Comment

if you agree with him you have to consider that the runup in markets is just another bubble with no firm foundation. read an article the other day that says gold is the only commodity to be bullish on.

Comment

Huh? From a guy five years late comimg to the global warNing party! <p></p>
          <p><strong>[URL="http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/patience"](lawsey, what we've had with cotton)[/URL]</strong></p>

Comment

I like the gold bubble if there is still one to happen. I am only here for the ride to happen this year then jump off and try another. Anyways credit card companies just upped their rate to 2.25 percent to the business's that use them. Well the coop just phoned me up and give me the heads up. No more free credit card puchase on fuel, makes sense to give it back to us in dividends. Visa , mastercard suck my dick, litterally.

Comment

??????-bond holders have been kicked in the
              nuts,for a very long time.

The fact that people are so completely clueless to
              an event that HAS ALREADY HAPPENED is beyond
              me.

Purchasing power has been eroded.

Bonds paying a few percent have been one of the
              worst investments you could have possibly made in
              the past ten years.

Bond pushers are no better than drug pushers.

Look at inflation and the usdx index and tell me im
              wrong,or just drive your car up to the gas pumps,or
              go buy some groceries,or look at what it cost to
              pave a mile of road,or pay a health care
              professional,etc,etc

Comment

yeah there's already been price inflation and it has crippled and indebted consumers and governments. that's why the economy is in the tank but the guys running financial markets have a lot of small investors still fooled. the big banks and investment houses sense there's still some assets they haven't taken so this is the last run. when she crashes next time that will be the big one - can you say deflation?

Comment

I think you might be my uncle, jensend.i told him to
                  get into gold related stuff when it was 375,he
                  laughed.

Then came the financial upheaval,he decided to
                  educate himself and start reading mainstream crap
                  like the accent of money nut and who ever else i
                  told him to get in quick its only 800ish at this
                  point,he laughed.

And then at christmas he laughed again because
                  "when this thing comes apart its going to fall fast"
                  an he's waiting for higher interest rates and blah
                  blah blah-i said "no ****ing kidding,i cant wait to
                  sell this shit and buy bonds at 20%"

At that point i seen a light bulb go off-he relized he
                  didn't know how asset classes worked and attract
                  capital at different points in time.

So when pars or whoever try and drag me into non-
                  sencical bs i let it slide-as best i can.

And once again im telling you actual farmers-you
                  are about to get PAYED-like the local
                  dentist/lawyer/account-the pendulum has shifted

Comment

another difference would be that i don't claim to have god in a box. please explain to me how long consumers will be able to afford sky high commodity prices. the last round of commodity inflation severely crippled the economy and i don't see unemployed being able to spend big money on anything. you're right to the extent we are seeing rising food prices now but how long will that continue? i think the indebtedness of consumers and governments is going to get in the way of inflation when the defaults increase. will price controls be imposed? inflation in commodities is happening but when the cycle turns (and they always do because high prices cure high prices) what follows? have we never seen prices drop before? high inflation will bring about deflation and 2008 showed it doesn't have to take that long. i'm not arguing and i don't have any great need to be a prophet. i just don't think it will be as simple as in the textbooks.

Comment

Hurts real bad to tell you this cott, lol, but I bought the very first batch of gold at 300, back when.(Bought more. Sold a bit.Bought more. Sold more again.) But you did well. Tell your mamma, and don't be obnoxious with her. LOL Pars

Comment

Interesting comment about food prices... Unfortunately the ones food price inflation hurts the most are the places where a large part of their income is used to simply buy food. In a large part of the world our lifestyle costs way more than the food we eat. So will it get to the point that the boat or fifth wheel camper trailer will have to be sold or can't afford the other small motorized toys. Or even have to stay home two winters in a row instead of the mid-winter escape to the far away beaches. It makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up when I hear people complain about the high cost of food when we live in the lap of luxury. Just a general comment, not targeted and anyone in particular.

Larry Weber made a comment in one of his newsletters: "If politics derails this market when grain prices are high - no one had better bitch about subsidizing farms when prices are low". I hope we never get there again.

Comment

What we are seeing is a currency event.This has
                          happened many times in many different places,and all
                          of them were during economic rescessions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...