• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reply to crazy winter equipment deals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reply to crazy winter equipment deals

SaskFarmer99& BTOfarmall we are the Crones and we are not struggling to make our lease payments. We have been leasing for 20 yrs. Don't you know that if you can't make your lease payments you can't lease new equipment? Moody's Equipment put the Cat tractors on the auction not us.We are quit sure that SaskFarmer99 knows who were are. We trade every year so we can stay in warranty,and get good discounts on our equipment.It is too bad that you don't have the facts right.We are a family farm and have been farming for over 60 yrs.,we must have done something right.

Lol,peowned

Comment

JD9630;

Welcome!

Thanks for the info... hard work and innovation are seldom appreciated or accepted without a little ribbing!

What do you think of the CWB buying 2 ships for us?

Cheers!

Comment

OUCH, that must suck to have the gossup syndrom and get caught. Welcome Crones, been by your farm you have a pretty nice setup. Lets hope for a early melt.

Comment

Have to laugh at these people that like to state their version of reality about someone else. Good for you to stand up to these coffee shop talkers and putting them in their place.

Maybe there are just jealous.

Comment

First of all I didn't mean "crazy equipment deals" because the sense of crazy more the deals that were done because of volume discounts offered.

Second, no, I don't know you but posted what I was told (shouldn't have expressed an opinion, my appologies).

For our farm, I don't believe new iron and warranty makes us anymore money plus you pay for that up front. Other than 1 combine, everything is a minimum of 10 yrs old. Good maintenance and repairs are a part of the operation, without the capital investment in equipment, you will have less debt or more cash in the bank.

Again, my appologies,good to get the story straight.

Comment

Im with you 9630. Those running old crap and running their mouthes off about those that run new iron (whether leased or owned)should mind their business. Coffe shop talk is just that. Coffee shop talk.

Comment

Great topic and welcome. Great to get info out about your family farm. Famly farms work. Hard work works and playing hard also works.
                I just purchased 3 new deere combines and 9630 a month back. I have mechanics that look after the equipment if it fails. Peace of mind. As far as debt our other 9520 is paid for plus the other four tractors air drills etc. Its funny new equipment to some means hard times. WE have virtually no land debt and cant buy an acre if we tried. Hell today I offered a guy $100,000 for poorer quarter and he turned us down. So were sitting now on same size of farm and enjoying our hard past work.
                Good on you and best in 2011.

Comment

JD9630 what is your impression of the Cat tractors vs the NewHolland TJ series which I assume is what you traded on if Moodys had your trades. I find Cat equipment to be quite overpriced compared to the trade values that they seem to bring in North America. Kramer I beleive bought those tractors from the Ritchie sale and then tagged on another 100,000 to resell.

Comment

This whole site is "coffee talk"

We farm with ZERO debt and have been for years, WE choose, like everyone else, to run machines that get the job done properly at a level of cost that matches our rate of return.

2, 5000 plus hr tractors seed, run grain cart, apply fertilizer just fine with $300,000 difference in cost available for the stock portfolio.

For those that run new iron and make the numbers work, have them paid for, run no debt, fantastic.

It just proves a theory, that no one ever wants to admit...

There are huge profits made in farming by those that manage their farms properly, even with the CWB, even without the NDP government (thank god)

Again, sorry, I got out of line, no different than many others on here.

Comment

Saskfarmer3
                      Why is it when someone becomes successful/prosperous/affluent they suddenly become the neighbourhood enemy? We are my no means monster farmers but have finally got to the point where the new and "slightly previously enjoyed" iron is coming to the yard. Our first priority was to get the dirt paid off. I pulled alot of wrenches on old iron and skinned alot of knuckles doing it. So, that being said I think we deserve what we worked for and sacrified to get to this point. Nothing worse than someone hating you for being successful. This comment is not directed at anyone in particular, in fact, we may have all felt the wrath at one time.

Comment

why not run debt? Borrow at 4% and leverage 4 to 1. Now you make 10%-40% margin on 5 dollars instead of a 3%GIC or 10% stock portfolio return on $1.

Comment

It's a tough question. Some feel you must have
                          cheated some one to get ahead. Others don't
                          see the hard work and things you gave up to get
                          their. I just don't know but for now at this time in
                          my life I finally don't care what the neighbors
                          think.

Comment

And just to clarify my post about farms managed properly, it should have said:

Those that have managed properly and had equal opportunity. There are many out there that have had the multiple year water and other industry issues that may reduce greatly your ability to manage.

Comment

99 does your ultra succesful farm include driving truck for a couple weeks?? If so are you saying that your farm does not provide enough to support itself without off farm income?
                              Serious question..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...