• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reply to crazy winter equipment deals

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes you are my new HERO at 30 acres/hr on canola and lentils. As I have farmed with both red and green ones, I also know that color wont be the key to your over estimated succeses. Have fun and dont forget to turn on the headlands in your excitement to average 30 per hour. By the way what do you value your swathing at??

Comment

We max out at around 15-22 ac/hr with our 8010's. Thats 42' straight cut and 36' swaths. The 22 ac/hr would be maxing out in a decent crop for us.

Comment

Agree with gregpet, mbratrud your numbers were 580 hrs in 2.5 seasons equals 232 hrs per year. If 3800 acres,equals 16.4 acres per hour season average. Class 7 to class 8, maybe 10% more is 18 acres per hour over the season. Many factors add up to reduce average rate from instantaneous calculation.
        Our 9600 season acres per hour,75% unload on the go is 9 to 11 on 30', "my acceptable loss". Neighbors STS about 13. I'd say your "acceptable" is a bit different.
        Canola over 5 mph without shatter requires a green pickup like a JD 615.

Comment

Ok this is my final post,

my 580 hrs for 2.5 seasons was on a Class 6 2588.

The numbers are what the are, I know the acres we farm and the hours we put on our machine in a year. The numbers by crop are maybe a bit generalized but my point remains the same my cost is what it is.

Curious to know what others are seeing their costs at?

I use $5/ac for cost of owning our Swather. Labour and Fuel on top of that. We swath about 2500 Acres/Year.

For the purpose of determining costs we genrally bring everything to market value and include interest into our cost.

We do not simply use depreciation and Interest. Swather is a great Example of why that doesn't work. A swather in good shape holds its value very well.

Comment

ok seeing as our family has a 2588, 9660 sts and 2-9770 sts i now know you are full of it. Being owners of every model that case put out from 1460's to 2588's I know how much they do in lentils and canola. If you were picking up the snotty wet lentil swaths everyone else was this year I also know you are a little on the optimistic side. But I do say you have some great enthusiasm for gitten er done :-) This is my last post ...

Comment

$45 to $50 per acre usually covers our machinery,fuel,repairs,hired labor, interest and depreciation. We lease our bigger equipment such as large tractor, combines and sprayer.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...