• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who was the first Federal Minister to suggest CWB opt-out?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who was the first Federal Minister to suggest CWB opt-out?

I was told yesterday that Ralph Goodale was the first to suggest that the option be implemented to allow producers to opt out of CWB pooling for 2-3 years - I'd like to know if anyone remebers.

That might be right. Back in the early 70's when Otto Lang was responsible for the CWB I think Ralph was his assistant. At that time the Liberals loosened up a lot of the CWB regulations such as inter-provincial transport of grain and I think ushered in the off-board feed grains we have today. They may also have done away with quota restrictions on non-board crops such as ****seed and flax, but I'm not sure on that one. This was coming off the awful years of 4 bu. quotas in 1969 and guys sitting on 3 and 4 crops, trading wheat for half-tons and color TV's. All due to the government and CWB trying to abide by the international grains agreements while other countries broke those same agreements they'd also made. Terrible times. Read some history, today's problems look pretty small by comparison.

Comment

OldJim,

Memories,

In 1968 my dad hauled barley for 40 cents a bushel to a hog farm... then the RCmp's taught him a lesson for delivering it in April...

The Traffic Judge only fined him $25...just a quarter of that load...

Way to go Minister Goodale... still ruling CWB from the banks of Regina... the Home of the 'Last Saskatchewan Pirate'!

Its a Hey hey Ho ho.. Farmers block your bins... Stealing Wheat and Barley and all the other Grains!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...