• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ukraine Workers finding your roots in Ukraine

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ukraine Workers finding your roots in Ukraine

On our trip to Ukraine we made some connections with some people there. We met a bunch of good people and lots with agriculture back grounds.
    There are lots of workers in Ukraine that are looking for seasonal and full time work in Canada. Lots of them have a agricultural or manufacturing back ground.

They can line you up if you are interested in purchasing any farmland or other real estate in Ukraine.

There is some real estate in the Carpathion mountains in Ukraine. It is very similar to the area around Bragg Creek west of Calgary. Lots of little resort type villages and there is lots of houses for sale in the $20,000 to $50,000 price range. Ukraine is booming now and I think purchasing some real estate in the Carpathion mountains would be like buying real estate in Canmore, Alberta 25-30 years ago.

They also do tours of Ukraine in any one is interested. They arrange the transportation, hotels, apartments. They basically pick you up at the airport and are there for you until they drop you off again.

They can also can search your family history in Ukraine. We found some relatives we did not know we had and they are currently looking into it more. The price they charge for their services is very reasonable.

If you want more info email me from our web site below.
    We have a link there as well to our blog about our trip.
    On our trip to Ukraine we made some connections with some people there. We met a bunch of good people and lots with agriculture back grounds.
    There are lots of workers in Ukraine that are looking for seasonal and full time work in Canada. Lots of them have a agricultural or manufacturing back ground.

They can line you up if you are interested in purchasing any farmland or other real estate in Ukraine.

There is some real estate in the Carpathion mountains in Ukraine. It is very similar to the area around Bragg Creek west of Calgary. Lots of little resort type villages and there is lots of houses for sale in the $20,000 to $50,000 price range. Ukraine is booming now and I think purchasing some real estate in the Carpathion mountains would be like buying real estate in Canmore, Alberta 25-30 years ago.

They also do tours of Ukraine in any one is interested. They arrange the transportation, hotels, apartments. They basically pick you up at the airport and are there for you until they drop you off again.

They can also can search your family history in Ukraine. We found some relitives we did not know we had and they are currently looking into it more. The price they charge for thier services is very reasonable.

jagfarms.com

Did you visit with them new found relatives? How did that go? Sounds great, I am not Ukraine though.

Comment

We had a visit with some new found relitives on my wifes side.
      They live in the same yard where my wifes mother was born in a small farming village. My wifes family did know nothing about them.

We also found people living with the same last name as my grandmother in the village where she was born. We never had time when we were there to track them down but the people I know in Ukraine are working on that now for us.
      They are also looking in the archives and trying to find out info on my great grandfathers brother and 4 of his children that did not come to Canada. We just recently found this out.

Comment

have read a few books about how stalin murdered the farmers, and deliberately starved 10 million ukrainians to death.he took all their grain, including seed, and exported it, flooding the world market in 1930. what a hard time they have had. i noticed while visiting that there is no wildlife, because its all been eaten.

Comment

Lucky them, no f'ing deer everywhere. Great idea lets eat them ALL!

Jag what was the weather like at the time you were there? What is the temp now compared to our deep freeze below normal ice age with 3' of snow? I hear the land is cheap and flat with NO stone.

Shame our ancestors had to leave great land and better climate due to the evil political system of the time.

What is the infrastructure like?

Comment

We did not see any wild life on the trip and we traveled about 1500km around Western Ukraine.

The tempetures were around -7c at night and right around 0c in the day every day that we were there. There might have been one day were it was -3c.

As far as the infrastructure the roads were similar to what we have in Canada. Lots of good roads and some poor roads. Just like you would see in Saskatchewan. There was good water and power supply every where we went.
            If it was not for the language difference and the different architecture, cheap but very good vodka you would think you were in Canada. One thing that amazed me was how many horse and wagons and horse and sleighs were on the highways. Mostly modern vehicles but there is lots of horses pulling wagons or slieghs.

Comment

We did not see any wild life on the trip and we traveled about 1500km around Western Ukraine.

The tempetures were around -7c at night and right around 0c in the day every day that we were there. There might have been one day were it was -3c.

As far as the infrastructure the roads were similar to what we have in Canada. Lots of good roads and some poor roads. Just like you would see in Saskatchewan. There was good water and power supply every where we went.
              If it was not for the language difference and the different architecture, cheap but very good vodka you would think you were in Canada. One thing that amazed me was how many horse and wagons and horse and sleighs were on the highways. Mostly modern vehicles but there is lots of horses pulling wagons or slieghs.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...