• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will you shut down your drill in May, to vote,,,,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will you shut down your drill in May, to vote,,,,

if the CPC DOES NOT have a plank in their election platform regarding the option of "Choice" for primary produces of western Canadian wheat and barley.
    If the CPC doesn't have a plank, will both the CPC and opposition parties claim "they" do not have a mandate?
    Will the CWB's purchasing of ships be reason enough, to allow the CPC to say farmers need the option to leave the CWB or belong & sell to the CWB, farmers need and deserve choice.
    I've been a strong supporter of RIGHT leaning politics, but I've become very disillusioned about the interest of the CPC to make changes regarding the CWB and may I add, long arms gun control & registration.
    It has me wondering, if they don't have a plank or a public comment about allowing choice, "Will I shut the drill down early, in May, to vote for the CPC again?"

I agree with your frustrations.

I am not sure I will be stopping unless everything goes perfectly this spring.

Comment

In order to continue my bitching about the election promises not kept, I feel a responsibilty to go and vote.

Probably conservative. Really can't stand iggy, layton, or the chipmunk for the greens.

Comment

I dont think anyone in Western Canada will be seeding by the 2nd of May. I dont think Iggy or Layton want to give western farmers any marketing choice, so what option do we have. The PC party may not want to come out and say they are going to turf the CWB on the fear of a few lost votes. But I hope they will come through after a majority and give us the freedom we deserve.

Comment

Well looking outside today I'm thinking seeding on the 2nd of May is optimistic. If we are going I will put as much effort into going to vote as our current MP has in doing the things he was elected to do and the level of interest he has shown in the couple of things I have contacted his office over the last couple terms for. ( Not much)

BRING BACK THE ONLY SANE CHOICE THE RHINOCEROUS PARTY!!!!!!!

At least they know they're a joke.

Comment

If you don't vote you should not have the right to bitch!! Me I bitch if I vote or not, I guess that makes me radical!!

Comment

Voice your demands to the MP's during the campaign. If enough are on the same page we might scare them into action.

It's called democracy because WE have a say, we can have input in the working of government, unlike Libya...
              Do not give up.

Still no better place and time to live in, except for the temperature!GRRR!

Certainly NO seeding till late May here, lots of time to watch the politicians beat each other up!

Watch all the internet vids, it's the most social media has ever been used in an election.

Comment

There is always the advance poll. Get your voting
                done early and if the conditions are right you can
                seed without stopping on May 2nd. I will be
                voting on way or the other.

Comment

Ill vote in Regina When the Polls open then trade off with hired man then my brother.
                  Its simple under the Liberal NDP Block. CWB minister will be from Block so their should be a question on CWB YES OR NO>

Comment

Hi to all on agri-ville
                    Just registered on this forum tonite, being reading post on here for a while, and found some of the posts very interesting. Anyway as far as shutting down my drill to go and vote, I always wondered my with todays technology why you can't vote from from your cell phone or home computer. Just wonder what everyone thinks about that. Just think of all the greenhouse gas would be eliminated.

Comment

Welcome 9770! I will stop to vote if need be. I have never seeded by may 2nd in 19 years, and for sure it will not happen this year. This election is the most critical since the thieves were taken down in 2006.

Comment

I think most of you are missing my point, THAT being, will the CPC show some backbone by making some sort of public statement during this campaign, about giving western grain farmers an option to sell their own wheat to someone other than the CWB.
                        Now that would give me reason to shut my drill down.

P.S. In SESK, if your not planting peas in April, it's considered late. Last year started Apr 25th.

Comment

In northeast sask if you seed in April,
                          you are setting a record!!

Comment

Whether we are seeding or not I will vote. It is my right to vote so I am going to use it. If you dont vote then you shouldnt complain about the govt you get. People in Libya are dying fighting for the right that we take for granted!

Comment

We don't care, how you vote, just get out
                              and vote! Remember that? Guess mosta us
                              Comedians have been doin that fer years.
                              No wonder we are such winners, er is that
                              weiners, in this great nation??????????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...