• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Its Election DAY! Get out and VOTE!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its Election DAY! Get out and VOTE!

I'm going to head to the polling station at 7:30 last federal election I was the first at our station to vote. One against Ralphy Boy to start. But my neighbors went the other way. Maybe this time. People are pst at Liberanos.
    Time will tell, tonight.

I'm going to vote as soon as I get the prop shaft back in my pickup (had to replace a seal... didn't get it done yesterday).

1 for Conservatives.

Got both of my parents to NOT vote... Both wanted to vote NDP this time... voted Conservative last election.

Comment

"Got both of my parents to NOT vote..."
      Ah, democracy at work must be why they are called "progressive" Conservatives.

Comment

Well... they were both on the sidelines, and simply
        don't like free market capitalism, so, being pissed
        at Harper, said if they'd vote for anyone, it'd be
        Layton.

My parents are immigrants... neither ever paid
        income tax in Canada, yet complain about how
        little. Old Age Security is.

For reference. Mom's full pension in Argentina is
        $350 USD / month. Old Age Security entitles you to
        $1,100 or so a month.

Comment

Remember it was JACK LAYTON that stood up at ag days in Brandon a few years ago and told us he was so sad for the beef farmers that our cows had SARS. Then went on to compare our cows to the hardship that Toronto went though when the Sars epidemic when though his town.. This guy is just a commy puppet.. Remember this grassfarmer..when you vote

Comment

Don't know Argentina prices, but can you buy the same cart of goods with 1000 cdn dollars there as 350 usd?

Comment

Don't know Argentina prices, but can you buy the same cart of goods with 1000 cdn dollars there as 350 usd?

Comment

Today I vote to get freedom to market wheat and barley. Lets hope it happens.

Comment

I wish, rider.

I have an aunt down there... she also is on a
                  pension, plus works full time.

Rent is around $500 USD / month for a small
                  apartment in Buenos Aires. She needs about $800 /
                  month to live on.

Comment

I come from a solidly blue part of Ontario and it is just unbelievable how many people - farmers, labourers, tradesmen, etc - are planning to vote orange. And of course, all the usual suspects, union workers, pot smokers, students . . .

Comment

Thanks Klause, just was curious about the price of things there compared to here. Hope that snow is gonna get goin away for you guys.

Burnt an orange majority would be as bad or worse than a blue (actually reform green) majority. Just my opinion but the recent minority is what has kept things in check so that the extreme crap couldn't come out.

What is the reason for the orange increase there is it farm policy, leadership or what in your opinion?

Comment

<i>"minority is what has kept things in check so
                        that the extreme crap couldn't come out.  "</i>

Extreme crap like balanced budgets, and
                        freedom for Prairie grain farmers

<i>"What is the reason for the orange increase
                        there is it farm policy, leadership or what in your
                        opinion?"</i>

Ignorance and blind trust.

Comment

Thanks farmranger, that really helped out, i see what you mean about the west blind trust thing and ignorance as well. Problem is that is what is leading us to this orange crap out east as well.

I was hoping burnt would provide the answers though, would be interesting to see. As far as agriculture there is no policy except let the mega corps take everything over. Case in point is the response to the flooding last year and this as well.

Comment

Locally, we have a weak, unnoticeable Conservative incumbent and a popular, well-spoken NDP candidate that has been a strong, farming voice.

He just simply shredded the other candidates in the debates and did it in the coolest fashion.

He also happens to be the NFU pat-executive/ organization guy in this area.

So he represents a lot of smaller farmer interests.

But people sure don't care for Jack the john Layton around here, or for NDP "policy" in general.

So I guess it is a matter of the perceived best man for the job locally rather than a vote for the NDP.

Comment

**past-executive**

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...