• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How would you vote on the CWB

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How would you vote on the CWB

It will be interesting to see if Ritz backs off of his push for not allowing people to vote on the CWB future but I think we could have our own vote. You can find my my poll in the link below. You can only vote once but please tell your farming friends to share their thoughts so that we can get a good handle on what people are thinking. [URL="http://realagriculture.com/2011/05/13/how-would-you-vote-on-the-cwb-single-desk-if-asked/"]VOTE HERE[/URL]

Its at 25 percent keep 75 percent extinguish. Good work on the wording of the vote questions, direct and to the point. CWB cannot spin that one.

Comment

Think I said in an earlier thread if there was a vote with 2 choices 80% would vote for the right to market grain how ever they want. My point at the time was a vote would bury alot of CWB garbage about how they are farmer ran.

Comment

Seeing as how this forum is made up of mostly anti-CWB posters I'll bet that I can predict the outcome of the vote One might say that it is NOT an unbiased or fair vote.

Comment

so are most farmers in our area anti-cwb

Comment

Think the results are representative of the modern farmers, Poll will not include all the old landlords that do not really give a dam about marketing but will vote for the CWB because the saved their farm in the 50s.

Comment

Its now 23 to 77 , gotta admit I am a little disappointed in the number of voter only 105 so far. Willy can't you find a hundred friends to even up the score?

Comment

Don't even need a farmer to vote in this one, get anyone with a computor to through in a vote. Sorry Shaney it may not have much weight.

Comment

As it reads on my Realagriculture.com in the story, if
                  are not a farmer I ask that you don't vote.

Comment

shaney,
                    The CWB has you well trained.

The CWB ACT IS/has effect on everyone.

Farmers do not own the CWB. It is NOT A COOP owned by growers... why farners...
                    no restrictions to only those who grow commercial wheat...
                    NO ORGANICs growers vote, either, since they are now exempted now!!!

Comment

There better not be any sort of vote.

The vote was just cast May 2.

Did the liberals have a vote of long gun owners to decide if they wanted the registry? No! The government made a decision that we have had to live with ever since. The same shall go for the cwb.

Comment

Just get rid of the whole f****** mess along with the arrogant, useless 500 employees/leeches that have been living off my farm for the last 20 years.

Comment

No vote needed!!! Those that want to sell their wheat and barley to the corrupt money sucking entity are welcome to it. Farmers like me just want to go the opposite direction, everone wins. Why should I be held captive because some people cant handle change.

Comment

OK. From a cow guy! I'd vote to have it eliminated as it will remove the floor price that the rest of you find reference to when you compare how much better you could get. Without having a unified voice, you remove the characteristics of the Canadian monopoly that you sell with. Remember a monopoly always has more power in price setting than an oligopoly or for sure the one on one selling climate that you are all fighting for...which means cheaper feed prices for me!

Comment

Not sure whether you are cow calf, backgrounder or feeder but would you favor a monopsony (single buyer) representing you in all transactions for your business. Even further, pay you an initial payment with a years wait for the final and if they are full payment options, have them related to the pooled price (not a cash price). Add in the kicker, this same organization will tell you when you can sell your calves (assuming cow calf).

I note feed barley is an open market with 75 to 80 percent of feed barley consumed domestically. No CWB. The only restrictions are feed barley for export and malt barley. Domestic feed barley prices have exceeded malt prices for several years. You as a livestock producer can import corn and distillers unimpeded by any government regulation but your barley growing neighbor cannot sell into the US directly without the hassle of buybacks/government regulation. Cattle and meat flow pretty much freely across the border.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...