• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

35% and done.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

35% and done.

Inch of rain overnight, ran out of dry ground last night at 11 PM.... so that's a wrap I guess.... dunno if that wheat will come, but hopefully.

Peas and soybeans are up.

ttp://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/247886_10150342493729689_747004688_9883917_720121_ n.jpg"/>

The soybeans (top pic) were seeded May 25.

The peas around June 1.

Im sorry you wern't as fortunate as some.I will say you have a nice knife.

Comment

Yes Klause that blade looks like a CKRT tactical folder.

I like to say our seeding is like my life . . . half done. I shouldn't I know, that limits me to 108 years old. West of us many farmer haven't turned a wheel.

The impact is on more than grain. There are a lot of livestock farmers that have very few acres of cereals in and straw will be in short supply.

Comment

I think you are right on the done side of things. I just finished filling out my seeded acreage report tonight. I also realize that i have given up hope to seed the remaining 25% when i signed and sealed the envelope 7 days before the deadline. we ended up with 2" of rain in the last 24 hrs. looking at the forecast it looks like spraying will be a challenge in the next 7 days.

Comment

klause you have more sanity than I. At only 35% done I would have slit my wrists with that knife. All the best.

Comment

Yep looking at them old nags off the front porch munching on that fresh green swamp grass with the wife in your arms would be looking mighty good right now, shoulda kept em'.........

Comment

Good going klause more rain on way today again.
              Seeded acreage report just finished after
              reviewing the maps from sprayer. Wow lots
              flooded out.
              Heading to farm progress show tomorrow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...