• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Deere combine unveiled.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

14 and 21 year old birthdays.

Cans someone tell me how many hours guys are
    getting out of the 9760ish and case
    comparisonish before a reasonable amount of
    were and tear and cluster fck situations accure

Comment

CP,

Doing small grains and pulses... at 1200-1400 hrs a run through on replacement of threshing wear points.

It does not take long to spend 40K.

Chopper hammers and knives ever 600hrs.

Comment

Its just another Deere. Fjlip has an interesting observation. I think the answer from a hired man of the 50,000 acre farmer around here is, "it doesnt matter the price of the combine, the boss figures in how much it will cost per acre to have these machines in his field for one harvest. Warrantee and service are the most important."

Comment

as for wear on newer ones.
          I saw a 7010 1500 hr.s
          and surprise it had a hole in the cone.
          after the old ih 1480 1680 had cones wear out at those hr.s,
          then cones got thicker and better steel,
          would last 3000 hr.s
          now here we go again, only now the cone is 3600 plus install compared to 1500 on a 80/88 .
          you have to wonder if it's planned that way. guaranteed 6-8 grand 5-7 years down the road
          i know the 7010 has thrashed a lot of grain at 1500 hr.s
          but they knew exactly when a hole would appear

Comment

Some machines are just dessigned to wear out - Single axil flows are the first - just the way the crop flows. We had gleaners for a very long time and the last R62 had 1800 sep hrs before any minor work was done. The first Massey had 400 and the cone housing wore out. Would love to go back to Gleaner but just can not handle canola efficiently.
            You hear Deer, New Holand, Case, Cat guys all spout off about there machines. But as soon as you try to spin a crop sideways wear will happen three times as fast - it's basic phisics. Thus the older conventional designs, Gleaners and Cats can put a few more hrs before wear holes happen. JMO

Comment

I cant say for sure on wearing, I will just say this 500 hours on these combines today (meaning single rotors JD and Case) is totaly different than 500 hours on a combine even 10 years ago. Way more acres done on 500 hours today. I have always like the TR's long lasting. Have put 2000 hours on them before with little trouble beyond regular stuff like belts chains ect. When we bought our case we seriously considered going back to New Holland but it came down to price. The Claas looks heavily built.

Comment

Criticize all of its downfalls...its trade in value will be 20% higher than any red, yellow or any other color combine out there

Deere combines are no better anymore imo, but their dealership network, service and resale make it a nobrainer.

if you can afford a Deere once you never go back...its like the guy driving a '99 chev cavalier criticizing the new cadillac
                features

BTW, i've ran yellow and 2 shades of red. Dont mind the case or the new holland but you couldnt give me a masey combine nowadays...its just a cheap piece of crap imo

Comment

Hard steel is correct in them new cones, had to drill new holes to install a vane kit upgrade in mine when I put the afx in. There was still showing lots of whear along the vanes so we laid in bent and welded strips in to back up the wear spots.
                  They advized us not to do it cause the welding could soften the hard steel, but worked very fine. The welding gets done in the not high wear spot. I think should get at least double the life out of my aready harder cones. Lots of work but when you have the shit all apart anyway may as well do it correct. True lots of product going through them new bigger machines

Comment

Stopped at the Deere dealer today and asked for a brochure on the new combines. They said the brochures wouldn't be out until January.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...